Travel across the sunburnt Australian Outback to Uluru, Watarrka and south through the Flinders Ranges to Adelaide and Kangaroo Island
Capture the sprit of the Australia and witness its diversity on this adventure from the heart of the Outback to the tip of Kangaroo Island. From Alice Springs to Adelaide, take a tour around Uluru with an Indigenous guide, discover the Lost City in the Kings Canyon, head underground in the ‘Opal Capital of the World’, explore the historic township of Port Augusta, and drive through the beautiful Clare Valley wine region. Stop in up-and-coming Adelaide, then board a ferry to Kangaroo Island, home to more than just its namesake roos. Search for koalas and sea lions, board down sand dunes at Little Sahara, hike through the bush, and marvel at iconic rock formations. This is a journey through the heartland of Australia, rich in wildlife, Indigenous culture, and enchanting natural beauty.
This trips provides you with the best guides in the business who know the Australian outback like the back of their hand
Wander through the iconic domes of Kata Tjuta, and gaze in awe at the sacred rock of Uluru
Dine under the stars and camp within privately owned sites on the red earth of the outback
Hike through natural amphitheatres, rocky chasms and lush oases in Kings Canyon
Discover the spiritual importance of the outback landscape to local Aboriginal communities on guided nature walks
In the opal-mining outpost of Coober Pedy, scorching daytime temperatures have driven the town’s few residents to live in underground ‘dugouts’. Explore the opal mine, hang out with some rescued joeys and spend the night in a subterranean bunker
Loll about with the local sea lions at Seal Bay
Give sandboarding a crack amid the white sand dunes of Little Sahara
Walk through Hanson Bay Wildlife Sanctuary in search of koalas in their gumtree hideouts
Take in the impressive coastal views from Remarkable Rock
This trip is made up of two separate tours and you'll be traveling with a different Guide for the Red Centre and Outback portion of your trip and Kangaroo Island. Each Guide specialises in their region of touring
The Kangaroo Island portion of the trip are two full days of touring. Whilst there isn't too much physical exertion, there are early starts and arrival back into Adelaide on the second day is late in the evening around 10:30pm.
Trip search is unavailable.
There are currently no scheduled departures on our Outback and Kangaroo Island Adventure ex Yulara (Basix) trip. If you are interested in other trips in the region visit one of the links below.
1. This trip departs Yulara at approximately 1pm on day 1 and finishes at approximately 10:30pm on day 9. Onward travel must be booked the following day.
2. For the Kings Canyon Rim Walk it is a requirement that you have a minimum of 3 litres of water with you. Please consider bringing your own refillable water bottles.
3. This trip can also start in Alice Springs. See code PBOSC.
4. Accommodation in Adelaide on night 7 is at the Adelaide Central YHA.
5. The Kangaroo Island portion of this trip departs from the Adelaide Central Bus Station (85 Franklin Street. A 2 minute walk from the YHA) on the morning of day 8. Please meet at the SeaLink desk at 6.15am for a 6.45am departure.
6. This trip requires a sleeping bag.