A hiking adventure with historic lodge accommodation and dramatic scenery
Discover the best of the Olympic Peninsula and Mount Rainier, from the high alpine ridges and glaciated volcanoes to dramatic waterfalls, wildlife, and lush rainforests. Hike along a ridge traverse 5,500 feet above sea level on a coastal hike to Shi Shi beach, one of the world’s most beautiful beaches, walk through the Hoh Rainforest and see some of the largest and oldest trees in Washington, and admire the Reflection Lakes at Mount Rainier. Add comfortable accommodation in historic lodges and a special outdoor dining experience prepared by your guide and you’ve got a wonderful hiking adventure.
Experience the laidback Southwestern lifestyle and travel through the very heart of Utah!Terms & Conditions
Spend each night at historic lodges filled with charm and history, where a comfortable bed awaits, as well as opportunities for shorter hikes just outside the back door.
Explore the shimmering alpine lakes, fields of wildflowers, and tumbling waterfalls of North America’s most famous volcano, Mount Rainier.
Walk through coastal forests to Shi Shi Beach where pounding waves, rugged cliffs, tidal pools, and towering sea stacks create a memorable nature experience.
Join your guide at the famous Makah Museum and learn more about the cultural history of the local Makah people.
Hike up the wild Hoh River and explore everything this rainforest has to offer while you watch for sightings of the local wildlife like elk, deer, bald eagles, and more.
This is a walking trip; a good fitness level will help you enjoying all included walks and activities. Good clothing, appropriate footwear, and wet weather gear is a must.
On our final day there is no accommodation included so please plan your departure accordingly, or pre-book a post-tour night.
Trip departures are unavailable.
There are currently no scheduled departures on our Hiking Washington's Olympic National Park and Mt Rainier trip. If you are interested in other trips in the region visit one of the links below.
1. A completed registration form is required to join these trips. You will not be confirmed for the trip until your form has been received and reviewed. We may ask for a medical release signed by your physician for medical conditions or circumstances which could possibly compromise your safety or the safety of others on this trip – please speak to your agent for further details.
2. Travellers on this particular trip are not required to produce proof of full vaccination against COVID-19.
3. A signed disclaimer (Acknowledgement of Risks Form) is required at the time of booking for this trip – please speak to your agent for further details.
4. To help ensure this trip is right for you, this trip is subject to additional ‘Essential Eligibility Requirements’ – see the ‘Itinerary Disclaimer’ section of the Essential Trip Information for further details
5. This trip is operated and run by our trusted partner, Wildland Trekking. You will be travelling with a mixture of both Wildland Trekking customers and Intrepid customers. Intrepid has worked very closely with Wildland Trekking to ensure that all of our customers will enjoy their time away, and experience all that the region has to offer.
6. Please note, pre-trip orientation meeting will take place at 5:00 PM day before trip starts via conference call. Early on the morning of day 1, you will be picked up from Double Tree by Hilton hotel in Olympia. We recommend you book a pre tour night in that hotel.
7. A single supplement is available. The single supplement applies to all nights of the trip and is subject to availability. Please speak to your booking agent for further information.
Want an in-depth insight into this trip? Essential Trip Information provides a detailed itinerary, visa info, how to get to your hotel, what's included - pretty much everything you need to know about this adventure and more.View Essential Trip Information