This whirlwind exploration of the Middle East takes you from ancient wonders to holy cities. On this 3-week trip, witness the immensity of the great Pyramids of Giza and the Sphinx in Cairo, sail down the Nile River and explore the architecture of the past, take in the majesty of The Treasury in Petra, Jordan, float in the strangeness of the Dead Sea and visit one of the oldest holy cities in the world – Jerusalem. Connect with the Bedouin women in the Negev Desert region of the Palestinian territories over tea and a traditional weaving demonstration. Head on a desert safari in a 4WD through an International Dark Sky Park. Traverse the open-air museum that is Luxor, full of Pharoah tombs, temples and monuments. Visit the Church of Nativity in Bethlehem, where Jesus is said to have been born. This Middle Eastern odyssey is packed with local experiences, modern traditions and ancient artifacts.
Dates and availability
1. A single supplement is available if you’d prefer to have your own room on this trip. The single supplement applies to all nights on your trip and is subject to availability. Please speak to your booking agent for further information.
2. A complimentary airport arrival transfer is included, valid if you are arriving on Day 1 or if you have booked pre-tour accommodation through us. You must provide your flight details to your booking agent at least 14 days prior to travel.
3. This trip includes domestic and international flights as indicated on the trip map. The luggage allowance is 23kg for check in luggage and 7kg for carry on.
4. Please provide your full name exactly as per passport at the time of booking (including any middle names listed on your passport) for transport and entrance tickets. Fees may apply for amendments to details within 45 days of departure, and in some cases you will be required to cover the cost of issuing new tickets.
5. Petra By Night is offered as an optional activity. This activity is currently scheduled to operate on Monday, Wednesday and Thursday. Please check your departure date if you would like to do this activity as it is not available on all departures.