Whether you're dreaming of walking the Inca Trail, seeing Machu Picchu or deep diving into the cultural wonders of Cusco, this trip has something special in store. You'll arrive in Cusco and waste no time in tackling your choice of trail to the ‘City in the Clouds’, or alternatively hang out in beautiful Cusco and Aguas Calientes before travelling by train on the penultimate day of the tour. The choice is yours! You can make this trip whatever you wish - just know whatever you choose, it's sure to be an incredible experience. We employ local guides and porters, so you can be sure your trek is benefitting the Andean community.
Dates and availability
1. A single supplement is available if you’d prefer not to share a room on this trip. The single supplement excludes Days 2 and 3 (Route 1 and 2 : Camping) and Day 4 (Route 1 : Camping) where you will be in shared accommodation and is subject to availability. Please speak to your booking agent for further information.
2. Inca Trail* permits are sold on request basis only. Once deposit is paid and passport details provided, Intrepid will endeavour to secure a permit for you. If Inca Trail* permits are unavailable by the time you book, you can opt to hike the Quarry Trail instead https://www.intrepidtravel.com/machu-picchu-peru/quarry-trail or travel to Machu Picchu by train.
3. The Inca Trail* closes in February to allow cleaning and restoration works. If the trek portion of your trip starts in February you will be automatically booked to hike the Quarry Trail.
4. Should you choose not to hike at all, please let us know at time of booking so alternative arrangements can be made to travel to Machu Picchu by train. Without this prior warning, cancellation fees for the trekking permits may apply.
5. Full passport details are required at the time of booking in order to purchase entrance fees to certain sites. Additionally on certain trips it's needed to book bus, train or flight tickets. Delays to provide this information may result in booking fees or changes to your itinerary.
6. While hiking the Inca Trail* or Quarry Trail you may be joined by other Intrepid travellers, some who may be over 29 years old.
7. Please note this trip starts at 2pm on Day 1.
8. Parts of your trip go above 2800 metres / 9200 feet where it is common for travellers to experience some adverse health effects due to the altitude - regardless of your age, gender and fitness. Please read the following document carefully and, during your trip, utilise the table on the back daily to record your own perspective of your general health and any symptoms you may experience: https://www.intrepidtravel.com/au/altitude-sickness
9. As you can choose different ways of reaching Machu Picchu (Inca Trail, Quarry Trail or Train), there is a small chance you may be the only traveller on your selected option.
Filter by rating