History comes alive in this family adventure through Egypt and Jordan
Uncover the ancient mysteries and modern marvels of Egypt and Jordan and see why these classic destination inspires millions of travellers each year. With an action-packed itinerary that is purpose built for families, this authentic experience blends all the must-see highlights with off-the-beaten-track activities and time to relax by the pool. So whether you're cruising the Nile in a felucca, sitting down to dinner with a Nubian family or watching the sun set on Wadi Rum, this enlightening family tour of Egypt and Jordan is sure to fill the photo album and keep you reminiscing around the dinner table for years to come.
Explore ancient icons like the Pyramids, Sphinx and Valley of the Kings with you family, getting the behind the scenes info from expert local guides.
This tour offers so many chances to interact with the locals and experience a slice of contemporary Egyptian life, including dinner with a Nubian family in an Aswan village.
Camp in the middle of the desert in Wadi Rum under a blanket of stars – an unforgettable experience that your children won't forget!
See the light of the sunrise on the dunes of the Sahara during a breakfast cruise down the Nile on a traditional felucca.
Play gladiator in the ancient Roman city of Jerash, and re-enact more ancient epics in the crusader Kerak Castle
Take a dip like no other in the Dead Sea. The strange feeling of floating effortlessly in the salt-filled water (don’t be tempted to taste it!) of this unique ecosystem is something that will stay with you and your family for a long time
There is a fair amount of walking involved in exploring the pyramids and it can get very hot in the summer. Be sure your family has appropriate clothing, sun protection and plenty of water to drink.
Evenings can get quite cool, so it's best to bring warm clothes too. Wearing layers is the best way to deal with the disparity in day and night temperatures.
Jordan requires a certain level of modesty in terms of clothing, although on the beach the usual swimwear is acceptable.
1. Minimum age: 5 years old. Please note that anyone aged under 18 must be accompanied by (and share accommodation with) a parent or legal guardian.
2. A discount of 10% applies on this trip to children 17 or younger at the time of travel.
3. A single supplement is available if you’d prefer not to share a room on this trip. The single supplement applies to all nights of your trip and is subject to availability. Please speak to your booking agent for further information.
4. Internal Flight please note the standard check in luggage allowance is 23 kg for EgyptAir.
5. This trip starts with a welcome meeting at 5 pm on Day 1 in Cairo. This trip ends on Day 8 and you are free to leave at any time.
Want an in-depth insight into this trip? Essential Trip Information provides a detailed itinerary, visa info, how to get to your hotel, what's included - pretty much everything you need to know about this adventure and more.View Essential Trip Information