From glaciers to golden beaches, rainforests to resort towns and glittering lakes to gigantic peaks, New Zealand’s South Island truly has it all. Embark on a 14-day adventure through some of the world’s most remarkable landscapes, and with a local leader by your side, you’ll also see the beneath the surface. Encounter creativity and resilience in Christchurch, gaze at out-of-this-world stars in Lake Tekapo, get your adrenaline pumping in Queenstown and take your time in postcard-pretty Wanaka. Stand in awe of the Franz Josef Glacier, stay in the heart of Punakaiki’s subtropical rainforest and explore the pristine coastline of Abel Tasman National Park.
Dates and availability
1. This trip starts in Wellington on Day 1 at 8am. You will depart the city immediately after the welcome meeting. This trip ends on Day 14 in Wellington and you are free to leave at any time.
2. A single supplement is available if you’d prefer not to share a room on this trip. The single supplement applies to all nights of your trip and is subject to availability. If you are a single traveller this will give you a single room, if you are travelling as a couple a double room will be allocated to you. Please speak to your booking agent for further information.
3. Multishare typically includes triple and quad rooms. You may be required to share with group members of a different gender and couples. People travelling together may occasionally be separated due to rooming configurations.
4. This trip requires a minimum number of booked customers to guarantee the departure. Your Booking Agent will advise at time of booking if the departure has met minimum numbers. If minimum numbers are not met, you will be advised no later than 56 days out from departure (prior to full payment due). We recommend arranging flights and related travel services once your departure is guaranteed. In the event that your departure is cancelled due to minimum numbers not being met, a full refund will be provided of monies paid.
5. This trip is operated and run by Haka Tours, an Intrepid Company. You will be travelling with a mixture of both Haka customers and Intrepid customers. Intrepid works closely with Haka Tours to ensure that all of our customers enjoy their time in New Zealand.
6. We recommend booking optional activities in advance. Please contact your booking agent if there are any you would like to add to your trip.
Filter by rating