Experience the magic of Holi Festival on this captivating tour through colourful Rajasthan
We've taken our most popular trip to Rajasthan and one of the top-selling trips in our entire range and added a royal celebration of one of the worlds most spectacular festivals. Celebrate the world-renowned Hindu ‘festival of colours’ on an enchanting adventure through the northern state of Rajasthan. Discover the fierce history of massive forts and the opulence and splendour of Maharajahs' palaces, search for the elusive Bengal tiger in the stunning surrounds of Ranthambhore National Park, watch the blazing Indian sunset over the remote village of Madhogarh from your heritage hotel and get among the colourful festivities in the beautiful town of Bundi. This is truly the essence of Rajasthan – magnified by the magic of Holi.
Experience the magic of Holi Festival with a royal family in Bundi – dance in clouds of coloured smoke and immerse yourself in the music and celebrations!
Explore northern India with the luxury of a local leader on hand to give you all the insider info and ensure that you have a memorable experience of this captivating, but sometimes challenging, country.
Watch the sunset from a rampart on Fort Madhogarh, one of our heritage hotels (and a former royal residence) that will be your accommodation while here.
Keep your adrenaline charged with an evening tiger-spotting safari among the lakes and jungles of one of India's well-known national parks – Ranthambhore.
Visit our local friends in their home on the border of sacred Pushkar Lake and the evocative Thar Desert. Share a meal together and gain insight into local life.
Could any visit to India be complete without a visit to the Taj Mahal? Here's what you need to know about your visit: https://www.intrepidtravel.com/adventures/taj-mahal-travel-guide/
We include some key sights in each destination as well as aim to provide some free time for you to make your own discoveries. Past travellers have found that some research before they travel on what they are most interested in seeing and doing has allowed them to maximise their time in each place.
While there is no guarantee you will see a tiger during your safari in Ranthambhore, you may have a chance to see a variety of other wildlife, including hyenas, jackals, deer, langurs, marsh crocodiles, wild boars and bird life.
Make sure your luggage is light and compact enough to be able to carry it up and down multiple flights of stairs, for example: in train stations and hotels without elevators.
There are a number of long travel days on this trip. Some journeys take between 6 to 8 hours, but are a great opportunity to get to know locals, fellow travellers and the diverse scenery. We are covering a lot of this vast country during the trip, so the journey is all part of the India experience.
It’s important to prepare for hot sticky temperatures during the day and cooler climates in the evening, particularly in the desert. Layers are the one of the best ways to tackle this disparity in weather.
We visit a number of temples on this trip, which requires a certain level of modesty. Please bring clothes that cover the arms and wear pants or skirts that go past the knees. A light scarf is also a good idea for covering shoulders and arms when it’s hot.
Trip departures are unavailable.
There are currently no scheduled departures on our Classic Rajasthan - Holi Festival trip. If you are interested in other trips in the region visit one of the links below.
1. Intrepid requires a scanned copy of your passport bio page at the time of booking to secure a permit for your Ranthambhore National Park visit. Authorities at Ranthambhore NP follow a strict booking process whereby permits are issued on a first come first serve basis. If we do not receive correct passport details in time we cannot guarantee you on the tiger safari.
2. This trip travels back to Delhi on the afternoon of day 14 arriving into the capital around 11 pm. Please do not book departure flights out until at least 4 am on day 15 to allow for delays
3. A single supplement is available on this trip and covers all nights.
4. Hot air balloon flights are operated by Sky Waltz in Jaipur. Flights operate from 1 September to 31 April and last approximately 60 minutes. Return transfers, tea and coffee plus light refreshments, and a certificate of flight are included in the cost. You can register your interest and pay your tour leader at your joining meeting on day 1 of your trip. Payment must be made by cash in either INR/AUD/USD/GBP only and is USD 260pp (subject to change). Flights are subject to availability and weather conditions (tickets are fully refundable in case of bad weather).
5. Due to animal welfare concerns, we no longer include camel riding on this itinerary.
Want an in-depth insight into this trip? Essential Trip Information provides a detailed itinerary, visa info, how to get to your hotel, what's included - pretty much everything you need to know about this adventure and more.View Essential Trip Information