Combine the excitement of Vietnam with the friendly warmth of Cambodia
Take the family on a trip to remember when you voyage across Indochina from Hanoi to Siem Reap via Halong Bay, Hoi An, Ho Chi Minh City, Phnom Penh and Angkor. This trip takes in beaches, historic sites, bustling cities and beautiful rice paddies.
Angkor Wat is simply one of the most amazing sights in South East Asia, and a three-day pass gives you and your family plenty of time to explore this staggering Khmer complex
There's a great mix of included activities and free time, which is perfect in atmospheric destinations like Hoi An, with the beach just a short bike ride away
Halong Bay is not only an amazing and unique natural wonder – it's a proper escape from the world around you. Sleep under the stars on a comfortable cruise boat and enjoy a sumptuous lunch and dinner on board
By dining at KOTO in Hanoi, you'll not only dine on delicious northern specialties, you'll be supporting an excellent cause that connects street kids with careers in hospitality
One of the many advantages of group travel is the social aspect, and kids often have playmates, giving you a little more time to relax
The novelty of travelling on the back of a cyclo seems to never wear off. Explore Phom Penh's atmospheric riverfront from the back of this three-wheeled wonder
There are some long stints of travel, including a 12-hour overnight train journey to Hue. Although conditions on this train trip are basic, the beds, food vendors and the chance to interact with locals make it a fun and authentic experience. Remember to bring a lock for your hand luggage.
It’s important to prepare for hot and sticky temperatures during the day and cooler climates in the evening. Layers are the best way to tackle this disparity in weather. Be sure to use adequate sun protection and drink plenty of water.
You will visit a number of temples on this trip. Arms and knees should be covered, as per local custom, out of respect for sacred sites. A light scarf is a great idea for covering shoulders and arms when it’s hot.
1. Name change: please note the name of this trip was Indochina Family holiday in 2017
2. Please note that these trips are for adults and children travelling together and there must be at least one child under 18 with you.
3. Minimum age for children on this trip is 5 years old.
4. A discount of 10% applies on this trip to children 17 years and under at time of travel.
5. Passport Details: Please provide your full name exactly as per passport at the time of booking (including any middle names listed on your passport), for internal flights and train tickets. Ticketing fees may apply for amendments to details within 45 days of departure, and in some cases you will be required to cover the cost of issuing a new ticket.
6. A single supplement is available on this trip with exception of Day 3 (Halong Bay) and Day 4 (Overnight Train).
2019: Cambodian New Year - April 7th Departure.
Cambodian New Year or Choul Chnam Thmey in the Khmer language, is the name of the Cambodian holiday that celebrates the traditional Lunar New Year. The holiday lasts for three days beginning on New Year's Day and finishes at the end of the harvesting season, when farmers enjoy the fruits of their labour before the rainy season begins. In 2019 this celebration falls on 14th-15th,16th April. So if you are travelling on the 7th April departure please note that once you are in Cambodia, it will be likely that Phnom Penh will be quiet due to most residents travelling to the country to be with family. However Siem Reap province will be very crowded. During this period some restaurants will be closed. We anticipate all included activities will continue as planned.
Want an in-depth insight into this trip? Essential Trip Information provides a detailed itinerary, visa info, how to get to your hotel, what's included - pretty much everything you need to know about this adventure and more.View Essential Trip Information