Ferry to a natural, snow-capped wonder in far western Canada
There’s no surprise how revered the shores of Vancouver Island have become, with its quaint towns, appealing active attractions and a whole variety of natural diversity. And in winter, it’s no different. Spend five days seeing the best of Vancouver Island’s east coast, ferrying to vivacious Victoria and exploring the harbourside hotspots of Comox and Nanaimo. Plus, to top it off, embark on a morning snowshoeing up the peaks of Mt Washington, admiring the mountain in all its wintery glory. With the right balance of active inclusions and free time to pick what’s next, this short and sweet island adventure is yours to craft the way you want and experience at a pace that suits you. The hardest part is choosing your activities, so luckily you’ll have a local leader to guide the way.
Offer applies to trips departing in 2022.Terms & Conditions
Get active out of Comox with an included snowshoeing adventure around the slopes of the mighty Mt Washington. Your personal guide will keep you safe and show you the best vantage points on the mountain.
Get acquainted with the streets of charming Victoria on a leader-led orientation walk, then try your hand spotting the residents of the sea with some sunset whale watching.
With plenty of free time scheduled in Comox and Nanaimo, you have the power to choose your next activity. Kayaking adventures, hikes along rapids, brewery or distillery visits? It’s totally up to you.
Before you wrap up, take a walk with your leader and fellow travellers around the beautiful natural haven of Stanley Park, located right near the centre of Vancouver’s CBD.
Part of the stresses of a holiday comes with booking all your transfers. Luckily for you, the ferry and private vehicle transport has been arranged, so you can just sit back and soak in the views.
Please ensure you consult your local government’s advice regarding domestic travel prior to booking this trip.
Just as a heads up before you book: this trip is new to our range this year. And while we have thoroughly researched every detail of the logistics, new destinations can sometimes throw us some unexpected surprises. More often than not, it’ll be a great surprise. But every now and again there might be a hiccup. We like to think that’s what puts the ‘adventure’ in ‘adventure travel’.
The diversity of the seasons here makes for incredible scenery, but the weather in this region can be unpredictable. It’s best to wear layers at all times of the year in case conditions change during the day. At night the temperature can really drop, so bring your warm clothes.
As this trip spends very little time in Vancouver, we recommend you spend a few extra days before or after your trip if you want to experience all the city has to offer.
Trip departures are unavailable.
There are currently no scheduled departures on our Vancouver Island Winter Adventure trip. If you are interested in other trips in the region visit one of the links below.
1. Your adventure begins with a welcome meeting at 8:30 am on Day 1. Please make your own way to the Joining Point listed in the Essential Trip Information for this itinerary.
2. There is no accommodation included in Vancouver on this trip. If you wish to spend more time in Vancouver, we'll be happy to book additional accommodation for you (subject to availability). Speak to an Intrepid booking agent for more information.
3. On the final day, this trip finishes at approximately 4 pm on arrival in Vancouver. You will be dropped at the same location as the joining point. If departing this day, please do not book any flights before 7 pm.
4. A single supplement is available if you’d prefer not to share a room on this trip. The single supplement applies to all nights on your trip and is subject to availability. Please speak to your booking agent for further information.
5. Please note these trips require a minimum of 4 travellers to depart.
Want an in-depth insight into this trip? Essential Trip Information provides a detailed itinerary, visa info, how to get to your hotel, what's included - pretty much everything you need to know about this adventure and more.View Essential Trip Information