Take your tastebuds on a 12-day culinary journey through Japan’s most delicious hotspots, relishing the contrasting flavours of the land of the rising sun. Uncover the secrets of sushi in Tokyo, experience the monastic cuisine of Koya-san, explore the tantalising takoyaki stalls that line Osaka’s vibrant streets and take part in a traditional obanzai cooking class in Kyoto. From temples to tempura, shrines to sashimi, seafood markets to sake breweries, join a local leader on a food-focused adventure that has all the best Japanese ingredients.
Dates and availability
1. A Single Supplement is currently not available for this trip due to limited rooms at many of our properties.
2. While we endeavour to cater for specific dietary requirements, some meals and food activities are set in advance and may be difficult to adjust. Please advise us of any dietary requirements at the time of booking so that we can ensure you’ll enjoy this trip.
3. We are currently unable to book pre or post trip accommodation at our start and finish point hotels due to limited room availability. We recommend booking a hotel of your choice through your booking agent.
4. A 7 day Japan Rail Pass is included in the price of your trip (validated on Day 3). For those wishing to stay and travel longer in Japan after the trip, a Japan Rail Pass extension (total 14 days or 21 days) is available for purchase at time of booking. You can't purchase the rail pass or extension after arriving in Japan.
5. It is essential that you pack light and compact for rail travel in Japan. There are size restrictions for luggage on Shinkansen trains. Luggage from 160cm to 250cm may require an additional JPY1000 oversize luggage fee per train journey. Luggage over 251cm will NOT be permitted on the Shinkansen trains at all. Please notify your tour leader at your Welcome Meeting if your luggage is from 160cm to 250cm so they can make the necessary arrangements.
6. We are not able to book airport shuttle service for Japan now. Japan has an extensive and efficient public transport system and the joining and finishing point instructions are listed in the Essential Trip Information.
Filter by rating