Explore classic Rajasthan on an adventure tour through romantic India
The enchanting northern province of Rajasthan is awash with all the colours of India. On our classic adventure we discover the grisly history of massive forts and the opulence and splendour of Maharajahs' palaces. Stroll bustling markets, search for the elusive Bengal tiger, enjoy a sunset camel safari and soak up the culture of the local people. This is truly the essence of Rajasthan.
Keep your adrenaline charged with a tiger spotting adventure among the lakes and crags of Ranthambhore National Park
Ride camels into the desert in Pushkar, gaining insight into the life of rural Rajasthan
Ballooning over Jaipur while the sun rises is an unforgettable experience
The hills and shimmering lakes of Udaipur make it India’s capital of romance
A trip to India wouldn’t be complete without a visit to the Taj Mahal – a masterpiece of Indian architecture
Enjoy a variety of accommodation - from a fortified mansion to camping under the stars
Intrepid requires a copy of your scanned passport bio page at time of booking to complete bookings for Ranthambhore National Park visit.
Make sure your luggage is light and compact enough to be able to carry it up and down multiple flights of stairs (ie. in train stations, hotels without elevators).
There are a number of long travel days on this trip. Some journeys take between six to eight hours, but are a great opportunity to get to know locals, fellow travellers and the diverse scenery.
It’s important to prepare for hot sticky temperatures during the day and cooler climates in the evening, particularly in the desert. Layers are the one of the best ways to tackle this disparity in weather.
We visit a number of temples on this trip, which requires a certain level of modesty. Please bring clothes that cover the arms and pants/skirts that go past the knees. A light scarf is also a good idea for covering shoulders and arms when it’s hot.
Trip search is unavailable.
There are currently no scheduled departures on our Classic Rajasthan trip. If you are interested in other trips in the region visit one of the links below.
1. Intrepid requires a copy of your scanned passport bio page at time of booking to complete bookings for Ranthambhore National Park visit.
2. This trip travels back to Delhi on the afternoon of day 14 arriving into the capital around 11pm. Please do not book departure flights out until at least 4am on day 15 to allow for delays
3. A single supplement is available on this trip and covers all nights.
4. The Pushkar Camel Fair is held in late Oct early November, please see the climate and seasonal information in these Trip Notes for more detail.
5. Hot air balloon flights are operated by Sky Waltz in Jaipur. Flights operate mornings from September to June and morning and evening from September to March. Morning flights depart around sunrise and evening flights late afternoon and last 60 mins. Return transfers, tea and coffee plus light refreshments and a certificate of flight are included in the cost. You can register your interest and pay your tour leader at your joining meeting on day 1 of your trip. Payment must be made by cash in either INR/AUD/USD/GBP only and is USD$250pp (subject to change) Flights are subject to weather conditions and availability. Tickets are fully refundable in case of poor weather.
Our Classic Rajasthan trips score an average of 4.87 out of 5 based on 709 reviews in the last year.
The South north india trip is a great way to sample what india has to offer in 29 days. Fair warning this is not for the faint of heart there is so much put into the 29 days it feels like a lot longer but if you're willing to take the plunge it is a trip you won't forget.
Review submitted 26 Apr 2018
I loved India its such an amazing culture. Being a female traveller I felt completely safe. Our tour leader was great, helpful and approachable. Rathbourne national park was a let down, but all the rest of the activities where fantastic especially the hot air balloon ride and camel riding
Review submitted 22 Apr 2018