Explore classic Rajasthan on an adventure tour through romantic India
The enchanting northern province of Rajasthan is awash with all the colours of India. On our classic adventure we discover the grisly history of massive forts and the opulence and splendour of Maharajahs' palaces. Stroll bustling markets, search for the elusive Bengal tiger, enjoy a sunset camel safari and soak up the culture of the local people. This is truly the essence of Rajasthan.
Keep your adrenaline charged with a tiger spotting adventure among the lakes and crags of Ranthambhore National Park
Ride camels into the desert in Pushkar, gaining insight into the life of rural Rajasthan
Ballooning over Jaipur while the sun rises is an unforgettable experience
The hills and shimmering lakes of Udaipur make it India’s capital of romance
A trip to India wouldn’t be complete without a visit to the Taj Mahal – a masterpiece of Indian architecture
Enjoy a variety of accommodation - from a fortified mansion to camping under the stars
Intrepid requires a copy of your scanned passport bio page at time of booking to complete bookings for Ranthambhore National Park visit.
Make sure your luggage is light and compact enough to be able to carry it up and down multiple flights of stairs (ie. in train stations, hotels without elevators).
There are a number of long travel days on this trip. Some journeys take between six to eight hours, but are a great opportunity to get to know locals, fellow travellers and the diverse scenery.
It’s important to prepare for hot sticky temperatures during the day and cooler climates in the evening, particularly in the desert. Layers are the one of the best ways to tackle this disparity in weather.
We visit a number of temples on this trip, which requires a certain level of modesty. Please bring clothes that cover the arms and pants/skirts that go past the knees. A light scarf is also a good idea for covering shoulders and arms when it’s hot.
This itinerary is valid for departures from 01 January 2018 to 31 December 2018. View the itinerary for departures between 01 January 2017 - 31 December 2017
Trip search is unavailable.
There are currently no scheduled departures on our Classic Rajasthan trip. If you are interested in other trips in the region visit one of the links below.
1. Intrepid requires a copy of your scanned passport bio page at time of booking to complete bookings for Ranthambhore National Park visit.
2. This trip travels back to Delhi on the afternoon of day 14 arriving into the capital around 11pm. Please do not book departure flights out until at least 4am on day 15 to allow for delays
3. A single supplement is available on this trip and covers all nights.
4. The Pushkar Camel Fair is held in late Oct early November, please see the climate and seasonal information in these Trip Notes for more detail.
5. Hot air balloon flights are operated by Sky Waltz in Jaipur. Flights operate mornings from September to June and morning and evening from September to March. Morning flights depart around sunrise and evening flights late afternoon and last 60 mins. Return transfers, tea and coffee plus light refreshments and a certificate of flight are included in the cost. You can register your interest and pay your tour leader at your joining meeting on day 1 of your trip. Payment must be made by cash in either INR/AUD/USD/GBP only and is USD$250pp (subject to change) Flights are subject to weather conditions and availability. Tickets are fully refundable in case of poor weather.
Our Classic Rajasthan trips score an average of 4.86 out of 5 based on 562 reviews in the last year.
Classic Rajasthan is an actioned packed tour that will open your mind to India. Each day you experience new sites, sounds and cuisines. No two days on the tour are the same. The tour covers a lot of ground and provides a variety of unique accommodation styles which can only be found in India and which are exclusive to Intrepid. From visiting the Taj in Agra, spotting a tiger in Ranthamore to drinking chai with the locals in Bundi, If you haven’t travelled to India before this tour provides the perfect introduction.
Review submitted 15 Dec 2017
Classic Rajasthan was a great trip that provided the perfect introduction to India for a first time visitor. The packed itinerary included a wide range of locations from huge cities to small rural villages, which made it all the more varied and exciting.
Review submitted 12 Dec 2017