From Turquoise Coast to the chimneys of Cappadocia
See the best of Turkey on this 14-day Lonely Planet Experience powered by Intrepid. Travel from Istanbul to Cappadocia and experience cosmopolitan cities, historic battlegrounds, glittering beaches, cities carved from rock and rugged coast. Enjoy an itinerary that takes you to Turkey’s essential destinations, a local leader for insider info and plenty of flexibility and free time to explore at your own pace. With optional excursions to historical sites, abandoned villages and underground cities, you can create the Turkey tour that’s perfect for you.
Book before 9 August and start looking forward to an adventurous new year.
Discover the Old City of Istanbul on a walking tour that includes the majestic Blue Mosque, the Hippodrome of Constantinople and the Grand Bazaar.
Explore Cappadocia’s wild natural rock formations while hiking through valleys, and see incredible stone-carved buildings in Goreme.
Board a ‘gulet’ boat for a day and night on the sea. Cruise over the sunken city around Kekova Island, swim in crystal-clear water and relax on deck.
Reflect on battles fought and lives lost with a moving visit to the Gallipoli Peninsula, touring former battlefields and the remains of Turkish trenches.
Spend two days exploring the cliffside waterfalls, cobblestone alleyways and ancient ruins of Antalya, a city on the Mediterranean Coast.
The weather can be hot in July and August, but this is also the best time to enjoy the clear water of the Mediterranean – don’t forget your swim gear.
This trip gives you lots of control over your travels, with some included site visits and lots of choices for your free time.
You’ll need walking shoes, a hat, sunscreen and a daypack for the Gallipoli site visit and the valley walk in Cappadocia. These tours are guided, but you can wander at your own pace if you prefer.
On Day 8, the overnight cruising excursion takes place on a traditional boat called a 'gulet'. Sleeping arrangements are multishare and open-air. Bathroom facilities are shared. All bedding is provided. The gulet has shared bathroom facilities, with limited fresh water for washing.
Trip departures are unavailable.
There are currently no scheduled departures on our Turkey Uncovered trip. If you are interested in other trips in the region visit one of the links below.
1. Welcome Meeting starts at 6.00 pm on Day One.
2. A single supplement is available on this trip, subject to availability. Please contact your sales agent if you would like to book this. The Single Supplement is not available:
Day 8 - Southern Coast Cruising
3. Most entrance fees are not included. If you wish to take part in these activities, you pay these fees as you go along.
4. Departure 22nd April 2020 ERRS20422 - This Departure of Turkey Explored includes attendance at ANZAC Day commemorations for 2020.
5. This trip finishes on day 15 in Cappadocia, there is no included transfer back to Istanbul. Overnight buses are readily available for booking and Cappadocia is serviced by two airports, Kayseri and Nevsehir. Additional accommodation is available for pre-booking with your booking agent.
Want an in-depth insight into this trip? Essential Trip Information provides a detailed itinerary, visa info, how to get to your hotel, what's included - pretty much everything you need to know about this adventure and more.View Essential Trip Information