Egypt, Jordan, Israel & The Palestinian Territories – it’s a holy land trifecta!
The Middle East is living, breathing proof the old saying is true: you don’t know until you go. Egypt, Jordan, Israel and the Palestinian Territories – visit the holy land trifecta and have experiences you'll never forget. This trip has all the icons plus tonnes of surprises perfect for the Intrepid traveller. The pyramids and original botched surgery queen (the Sphinx) in Egypt and doing your best astronaut impression in the Dead Sea are awesome, sure, but have you tried your leaders favourite falafel cart in Jerusalem?!
Get 15% off select trips with departures between May and September if you book before the end of May!Terms & Conditions
The Pyramids might be hyped, but when you see them you’ll soon be saying oh mummy, I see the point (sorry).
Set sail on a felucca cruise along the Nile. Back in the day, these wooden boats had zero facilities, but our new pimped-out boat has western-style toilets on board.
Our guides are local and know all the best secret and hidden places to check out after a day of sightseeing
Only Petra’s Treasury is stunning enough to be the temple of the Holy Grail (well, according to Indiana Jones at least), and you’ll be blown away on a full day exploring the majesty and mystery of this world wonder.
Kick back in your own central hostel in Jerusalem, complete with movie room and rooftop .
Sample tasty local eats at the very cool Machane Yehuda Market where you can use your your bite card at any of the vendors.
Graffiti has filled the walls in Bethlehem by many artists over the years, including British Artist Banksy. Check it out on a walking tour with your leader.
Discover for yourself the town that everyone knows from the Christmas carols – Bethlehem – and find out about daily life in the epic city of Jerusalem as you chat with locals on the way to the Western Wall.
Float in the Salty waters of the Dead Sea.
Hike the iconic Masada Snake Path for some epic views across the Dead Sea and Jordan.
You’re the boss! Not just in general, but also on this trip, where there’s free time to do whatever you want, or optional tours to show you the way. Maybe budget a little extra cash for activities and entrance fees that aren’t included.
Accommodation in Israel is in dorm rooms with up to 12 travellers. They may not all be fellow Intrepid travellers and your group could be split across different rooms. Where possible (and unless requested otherwise) we will accommodate you in same gender rooms.
It’s not all hot desert days in Jordan & Israel, as the winter months (December through to February) can be quite cold. Temperatures in northern parts of the country can drop to freezing overnight. Snowfall around these areas as well as Amman is common. Pack smart so that you’re prepared for varying temperatures especially if travelling during these months.
The thing about ancient ruins and other super old sites in the Middle East is that they usually involve walking on rocky and/or steep hillsides. But if you don’t feel up for it on a hot day then you can just sit it out, or wander along at your own pace.
Travelling on a felucca is awesome, but it's not for everyone. You will be sharing a sleeping area with your fellow group members for the night and a shared bathroom facility on board
Israel & The Palestinian Territories is by no means a cheap destination and you should budget accordingly. The good news is that your expert local leader is on hand to help you uncover the best deals!
Sites can get congested during peak travel periods with coaches of large pilgrim groups. We do our best to plan our visits around these times but sometimes it is unavoidable. There may be delays, queue's and private services that prevent us from entering the site. Your trip leader will manage this as best as they can on the day.
1. With the exception of a one day pass to Petra (included), some entrance fees are not included. If you wish to take part in these activities, you pay these fees as you go along.
2. The international connection from Cairo to Amman is unaccompanied. Luggage restrictions of 23kg checked and 7kg cabin apply on this flight.
3. Please note all accommodation is twin share unless otherwise stated. Accommodation in Israel is in dorm rooms with up to 12 travelers. They may not all be fellow Intrepid travelers and your group could be split across different rooms. Where possible (and unless requested otherwise) we will accommodate you in same gender rooms.
4. A single supplement is available if you’d prefer not to share a room on this trip. The single supplement exclude Day 2,7 (Sleeper Train), Day 5 (Felucca) Days 10,11 (Desert Camp) and Days 16,17,18 (Hostel) where you will be in shared accommodation, and is subject to availability. Please speak to your booking agent for further information.
5. Most nationalities require a visa to enter Egypt, and these are easily obtained on arrival. Please have US$25 at the ready when you fly in to Cairo.
6. Most nationalities require a visa to enter Jordan, and these are easily obtained on arrival. Please have JOD20 (approx $30), at the ready when you fly in to Amman. Jordanian dinars can easily be obtained at airport exchange counters en route to Jordan.
7. Following recent safety incidents we recommend that you check your government's advice for their latest information on travelling in Egypt and in Israel; particularly within the West Bank before your departure and ensure that your travel insurance covers you for all areas of your itinerary. We have links to prominent government travel advisories and regular updates on issues affecting this trip on our Travel Alerts page: https://www.intrepidtravel.com/au/travel-alerts
Want an in-depth insight into this trip? Essential Trip Information provides a detailed itinerary, visa info, how to get to your hotel, what's included - pretty much everything you need to know about this adventure and more.View Essential Trip Information