Egypt, Jordan, Israel and Palestine are ancient lands that conjure images of river valleys, powerful Pharaohs, pilgrims and cities carved from stone. Dive headfirst into Cairo, sail up the Nile on a felucca, party in Tel Aviv, take a jeep safari across Wadi Rum and experience more World Heritage Sites than you can shake a stick at: Battir; Petra; the Old Cities of Cairo, Acre and Jerusalem; the Church of the Nativity… it goes on – and so will you as you trek, swim, explore, photograph and taste your way across the best of the Middle East. This adventure will leave you with a greater appreciation for life here and a hands-on experience of some of the most significant religious and human history in this part of the world.
Dates and availability
1. This trip starts in Cairo on Day 1 at 4 pm. This allows time after the welcome meeting to explore Cairo.
2. A single supplement is available if you’d prefer not to share a room on this trip. The single supplement excludes Day 2,7 (Sleeper Train), Day 5 (Nile Felucca) and Day 9,10 (Desert Camp) where you will be in shared accommodation, and is subject to availability. Please speak to your booking agent for further information.
3. This trip has an international flight included, luggage restrictions of 23kg checked and 7kg cabin apply on this flight.
4. Accommodation in Wadi Rum is in Bedouin tents, bedding is provided, but in the colder months November-March you may want to consider bring a sleeping bag. Bathrooms in Wadi Rum are on a share basis.
5. We recommend that you check your government's advice for their latest information on travelling in Egypt before your departure and ensure that your travel insurance covers you for all areas of your itinerary. We have links to prominent government travel advisories and regular updates on issues affecting this trip on our Travel Alerts page: http://www.intrepidtravel.com/travel-alerts
6.Important alert: Yom Kippur day in 2023 will be on 24-25th Sep. We'll need to make below changes to departures during this time to ensure you'll be able to experience all included activities on your trip:
Departure code: XESIC230906
D19 - Sea of Galilee, Capernaum, Rosh Hanikra, Knights Fortress in Akko. Overnight in Nazareth.
D20 - Nazareth walking tour & Church of Annunciation. Overnight in Nazareth
Departure code: XESIC230909
D16 - Bethlehem tour in the morning and home cooked lunch with a local Palestinian family
D17 - Jerusalem old city guided tour (except for Courtyard of Dome)
D18 - morning visit Courtyard of Dome and continue to Jericho as per original itinerary.
Filter by rating