So, you want to write for The Journal? Great!
We’re always eager to hear from travellers who are interested in sharing their travel tales, insider info and city tips. Whether it’s an inspiring long-form essay, a beautiful photo journal, or a top ten list, we want to hear from you!
What we’re looking for
Articles that inspire our Intrepid audience to explore the world, or help them plan for an upcoming trip, with tips and stories about the destinations we travel to (check out our website for a full list). If you’ve travelled with us on an Intrepid trip, even better!
What’s in it for you?
This is an awesome opportunity to get your words published by a global travel brand (talk about bragging rights!). If your piece is published, it’ll be accompanied by your byline, a headshot and bio. Oh, and we’ll pay you for it too.
A few things to think about before you pitch
- Make sure we travel to the destination you want to write about.
- Have a look at The Journal to double check your idea hasn’t already been covered.
- Intrepid are leaders in responsible, small group travel, so content on The Journal should tie in with that concept.
- Please complete the form below to pitch your idea/s to our editors (please don’t submit finished articles – we’d hate for you to waste your time writing something we may not publish).
- We want authentic, original writing. We’re looking for articles with personality and real, first-hand knowledge of a destination.
- We can’t accept anything that’s already been published online (including your personal blog).
- If our editors think your idea’s a good one, and your writing style fits with ours, they’ll be in touch with more details regarding contributor guidelines and payment information.
- We receive a LOT of pitches from travellers and writers every day, so please be patient, and don’t be disappointed if we decide not to follow through on your idea.
Got all that? And have a great idea? Simply complete the form below to submit your pitch to our editors. Please note that because of the volume of submissions we receive, our team of editors can only contact successful submissions.