A cycling adventure full of sights to stop you in your tracks
This is the stuff dreams are made of – snow-dusted peaks, turquoise lakes, glittering glaciers and vibrant forests. For many, the Canadian Rockies are only admired out of coach windows, but if you really want to get to the heart of the region and experience it at its very best, a bicycle is your best bet. This six-day cycling adventure is led by a local and kicks off from Calgary before venturing on to Banff National Park, Lake Louise, the Icefields Parkway and Jasper National Park. Challenging and rewarding, your rides deliver in big views and memorable moments.
Our biggest sale of the year is now on! Up to 25% off trips. Valid on trips departing 1 Dec 21 - 14 Dec 22. Book now to save big.Terms & Conditions
Set your wheels in motion in Calgary, a fun-filled and bike-friendly city. Join your local leader and pedal past important landmarks and local hotspots.
Discover the awe-inspiring landscapes of Banff National Park on two wheels, taking in rivers, lakes, viewpoints and the historic Fairmont Banff Springs resort.
Follow the famed Icefields Parkway, one of the world’s most scenic roads. Exploring in your vehicle and on your bike means you’ll experience all the parkway’s most stunning spots.
Pedal through forests and along the Bow River to the turquoise waters of Lake Louise, the jewel of the Canadian Rockies and a sight that makes all your efforts worth it!
Be blown away by Jasper National Park, where your cycling routes takes you on a 40km downhill from Maligne Lake to Jasper, plus a walk in Maligne Canyon.
This trip is new to our range this year. And while we have thoroughly researched every detail of the logistics, new destinations and working with new partners can sometimes throw us some unexpected surprises. More often than not, it’ll be a great surprise. But every now and again there might be a hiccup. We like to think that’s what puts the ‘adventure’ in ‘adventure travel’.
Please ensure you consult your local government’s advice regarding domestic travel prior to booking this trip.
This trip deliberately involves a fair amount of driving – this is designed that you only cycle the very best places and none of the 'transit' legs in-between.
To complete this trip it is important that you are both confident and competent in riding a bicycle. While the cycling distances on this trip are relatively short, the terrain can sometimes be hilly so you’ll need a reasonable level of fitness to enjoy the trip – but remember, we will always have the support vehicle on hand if you need to take a break for an hour or a day.
For groups of less than six travellers we have a single leader that drives the support vehicle alongside the group. For larger groups we have a separate driver and the leader will cycle all routes. Where the vehicle cannot travel directly with the cyclists (e.g. a cyclists-only path) your leader will assign a person from the group to act as a backmarker.
As our riding is done mostly on sealed roads with the occasional gravel cycle path there are no technical cycling skills required.
If you feel like doing all the riding but with less effort, you have the option of hiring an electric bike (e-bike) on this trip.
Trip departures are unavailable.
There are currently no scheduled departures on our Cycle the Canadian Rockies: Jasper & Banff trip. If you are interested in other trips in the region visit one of the links below.
All travellers on Intrepid trips are required to produce proof of full vaccination against COVID-19.
1. This trip starts with a welcome meeting at midday (12pm) on Day 1 in Calgary.
2. This trip ends on Day 6 at approximately 4pm.
3. A single supplement is available if you’d prefer not to share a room on this trip. The single supplement applies to all nights of your trip and is subject to availability. Please speak to your booking agent for further information.
4. Bicycle hire is included in your trip price. Please advise your height at time of booking so we can organise a suitable sized bike.
5. The included bikes on this trip are a flat bar 'hybrid-style'. You have the option (at extra cost) of hiring an electric bike (e-bike) on this trip - this must be requested at the time of booking.
6. Bike helmets are compulsory on this trip. We are unable to hire bike helmets locally so please ensure you bring your own bike helmet from home.
7. For group less than 6 clients we have a single leader that drives the support vehicle alongside the group. For larger groups, we have a driver plus a leader that rides with the group.
8. Accommodation is not included on day 6 of this trip. If you require additional accommodation (or want to reserve your room for the main part of the day) please enquire at the time of booking.
9. Please note the trip beginning on 6 Aug 2022 will continue to on Jasper to overnight rather than stay at the Icefields parkway lodge.
10. Due to Covid-19 restrictions some of the local attractions may be temporarily closed, running reduced hours, or require booking ahead. Please check their websites for up-to-date opening hours.
Want an in-depth insight into this trip? Essential Trip Information provides a detailed itinerary, visa info, how to get to your hotel, what's included - pretty much everything you need to know about this adventure and more.View Essential Trip Information