Explore Turkey’s Mediterranean delights and surreal Cappadocia on an active tour
Experience Turkey from a different perspective. Abandon well-worn routes to forge a path through unexplored terrain, deep in the historical heart of Turkey. Travel from the minarets of Istanbul city, visiting Turkey’s holiest sites, hiking through valleys for fairy chimneys, tackling the Lycian Way, cycling the streets of Kas and kayaking over sunken cities on the Turquoise Coast. Take up the challenge and be amazed by the diversity that's revealed on this active adventure.
Don't wait - plan your next people and planet-friendly adventure with just € 99* this March. Offer ends March 31.Terms & Conditions
Get a taste of incredible Istanbul and its bustling backstreets with your local leader.
Hike the valleys of Cappadocia and picnic among surreal fairy chimneys that dot the landscape.
Visit Ephesus’s astounding Roman ruins, where the Greco-Roman world still feels very much alive.
A kayak trip over a sunken city is the perfect way to experience the lush blue waters of the Mediterranean.
Hike the famous Lycian Way with breathtaking views of the Turquoise Coast.
Though you don’t need to be an athlete to take part in this trip, you do need to have a reasonable level of fitness to enjoy it fully. Most activities are moderate and slow paced. Hiking activities range from 3 km to 14 km in a day, and they can be uphill and in full sun. The cycling activity is 30 km and basic mountain biking skills are required. The kayaking is approximately 2.5 hours of paddling (12 km), with no previous experience required.
Most travel is on public buses. The aim behind this is two-fold: to give you a taste of local life and to minimise the carbon footprint. In fact, you'll be pleasantly surprised to find most Turkish buses have wi-fi and serve coffee and cake!
You will need to carry your own bags to and from hotels, bus stops and train stations. So it's a good idea to travel light if you can.
There is a homestay on Day 8 in a local village. This cabin accommodation is comfortable and clean but basic with share bathroom facilities. There is a pool to cool off and the view of butterfly valley is breathtaking. This is an authentic local experience and a way to experience Turkish hospitality at its best.
Where possible, we have tried to plan the hiking and cycling to mornings and afternoons, but please be aware it can get hot in the summer months.
You will need to pack good walking shoes, a hat, some sunscreen, and a daypack. Don’t forget a jacket and swimming gear.
Trip departures are unavailable.
There are currently no scheduled departures on our Turkey: Hike, Bike & Kayak trip. If you are interested in other trips in the region visit one of the links below.
1. This trip starts with a welcome meeting at 1 pm on Day 1 in Istanbul.
2. There are internal flights on this trip and most internal flights in Turkey have a luggage restriction of 15kg checked and 8kg cabin.
3. A single supplement is available if you’d prefer not to share a room on this trip. The single supplement excludes Day 4 (overnight train), Please speak to your booking agent for further information.
4. We recommend that you check your government's advice for their latest information on travelling in Turkey before your departure and ensure that your travel insurance covers you for all areas of your itinerary. We have links to prominent government travel advisories and regular updates on issues affecting this trip on our Travel Alerts page: www.intrepidtravel.com/travel-alerts
5. Due to climate change and hotter summers in Turkey, bushfires have become a challenge on the Lycian Way. Your safety is our priority, your itinerary will be amended if any of the areas visited are affected.
Want an in-depth insight into this trip? Essential Trip Information provides a detailed itinerary, visa info, how to get to your hotel, what's included - pretty much everything you need to know about this adventure and more.View Essential Trip Information