Bikes, beaches and rail trails come together for the perfect Queensland trip.
Cycle the Queensland coast from cosmopolitan Brisbane to laid back North Stradbroke Island and up to Noosa, enjoying spectacular views, ancient rock formations, pristine beaches and fascinating heritage along the way. Leave the road behind and wind your way back along the Brisbane Valley Rail Trail via classic Queensland towns and pubs. From the beaches to the hinterland to the traffic-free bike paths, this trip has something for everyone at a pace all travellers can enjoy. And there’s plenty to do off the bike as well.
Cycle the stunning Queensland coast and enjoy the perfect mix of adventure both on and off the bike.
Ride the best - and mostly downhill - parts of the traffic-free Brisbane Valley Rail Trail from Yarraman to Toogoolawah.
Catch incredible views of the Pacific Ocean and endless sandy beaches of North Stradbroke Island – a sight that’s well worth the cycle.
Discover local sites, local life and fascinating Indigenous history as you explore charming coastal towns and sample South Queensland’s laidback lifestyle.
Enjoy your transits as much as your cycling with a ferry trip across Moreton Bay and a drive through the Glass House Mountains.
Cycle in the company of an experienced guide as they share their unique perspective of this fascinating region.
This trip is new to our range this year. And while we have thoroughly researched every detail of the logistics, new destinations and working with new partners can sometimes throw us some unexpected surprises. More often than not, it’ll be a great surprise. But every now and again there might be a hiccup. We like to think that’s what puts the ‘adventure’ in ‘adventure travel’.
Please ensure you consult your local government’s advice regarding domestic travel prior to booking this trip.
This itinerary does not have a full-time support vehicle constantly following the group. Your luggage is always transported for you (by vehicle) between accommodations.
Due to the relatively small distances cycled on this trip, we have a single leader that rides with the group.
Trip departures are unavailable.
There are currently no scheduled departures on our Cycle South East Queensland: Islands, Beaches & Rail Trails trip. If you are interested in other trips in the region visit one of the links below.
1. Bicycles are included on this trip. You are able to bring your own bike should you wish.
2. To complete this trip it is important that you are both confident and competent in riding a bicycle.
3. On this trip, we have a single leader that rides with the group.
4. Your luggage is transported for you from accommodation to accommodation each day.
5. Our riding is done mostly on well-graded and maintained roads and dirt or gravel cycle paths, so there are no technical cycling skills required.
6. All accommodation is twin share with private ensuites other than Day X where we stay in heritage accommodation with shared bathroom facilities
7. An e-bike option (at additional cost) may be available on this trip. We have limited numbers of these bikes available and they are an 'on request' basis only. A request does not guarantee an e-bike, only a confirmed booking. Please ask your agent for more details at the time of booking. Please note that due to operational issues the e-bike option is not available on Day 2.
8. The coastal weather in this region can vary depending on the season. Be prepared to work up a sweat and for the occasional rainstorm, which may require a change of plans.
Want an in-depth insight into this trip? Essential Trip Information provides a detailed itinerary, visa info, how to get to your hotel, what's included - pretty much everything you need to know about this adventure and more.View Essential Trip Information