Travel to Nepal and go walking in the breathtaking Annapurnas
Travel to Nepal and hike through the Annapurnas, one of the most naturally beautiful regions on the planet, on this active adventure. Through rocky terrain, lush forests and fields of wildflowers, and under the shadow of snowy peaks, spend each day walking through the wonder of nature. Stop and rest at rural villages for a glimpse into a simple, traditional life. Reach a prime vantage point which offers panoramic views of the awesome Annapurna region – a true highlight of an unforgettable journey.
The hills can be steep and the going tough, but the rewards at your destination are well worth the aching legs. Sit back with a cup of tea after a long day and watch the kids play, the sun set and the locals go about their lives.
Pokhara must be the most relaxed place in Nepal. Spend a few extra days soaking it up.
Gain a fascinating insight into 'real' life in the Gurung villages, where you're unlikely to see other tourists.
Watch a magnificent sunrise over the Himalayan massif from Sarangkot.
Prepare for some stunning views of the surrounding snowy mountains. Better yet, enjoy these with a local leader and porters who will quickly become firm friends.
Stay in local tea houses for a more authentic experience.
This is a join-in trip rather than a scheduled group trip, so if other travellers have booked on the same date you will share included activities but you may also be lucky enough to have the trek to yourself.
While no where near as challenging as a multi-day trek at altitude such as Everest Base Camp, you will still need excellent fitness for this trek as you will be trekking on average 5–7 hours a day, with some travellers reporting the final trekking day as the longest and toughest.
This trek consists mainly of climbing and descending ancient stone steps. We recommend the use of hiking poles which can be purchased for very little in Pokhara and Kathmandu or alternatively, you can bring your own from home.
Take note of the time of year you are trekking to know what to expect weather wise. While June–August is monsoon, weather conditions can be unpredictable at any time of the year including rain and fog which can make views cloudy and the ground muddy.
A duffel bag is provided on this trip, along with a porter. Your porter can carry up to 8 kg per traveller. Other luggage can be left in Pokhara.
Trip departures are unavailable.
There are currently no scheduled departures on our Annapurna Homestay Trek trip. If you are interested in other trips in the region visit one of the links below.
1. This trip starts in Pokhara Day 1 at 9 am and finishes in Pokhara on Day 5 at approx 1 pm.
To enable the trip to depart at 9 am, please meet your leader at our Pokhara office listed in the Essential Trip Information the day prior to departure at 5 pm for a pre-departure meeting.
2. Tourist buses all leave Pokhara by 1 pm, so if you wish to depart on Day 5 for Kathmandu you will need to arrange a flight to Kathmandu on that day.
3. Between June and August, it is monsoon season in Nepal. If you do choose to travel during this time, please note that you will encounter wet conditions, obscured views, and an extra leech or two. During the monsoon, there is a chance that your itinerary may be adjusted pending water levels in rivers. Don't forget to pack rain proof jackets and trousers. Please see alternative monsoon season itinerary in the weather section of these notes.
4. This is a join-in trip, so if other travellers have booked on the same date you will share included activities.
5. The single supplement price does not guarantee you will have a single room on our short break trekking trips in Nepal. While we try our best to secure a single room, due to the nature of trekking during peak seasons, teahouses will not guarantee them.
6. You may be asked to provide TWO passport size photographs for your trekking permit.
7. Please be aware that in the event of an emergency evacuation, Intrepid does not have control over which helicopter service may be used. Some helicopters are not in regular use with Intrepid and have not passed our internal safety auditing.
Want an in-depth insight into this trip? Essential Trip Information provides a detailed itinerary, visa info, how to get to your hotel, what's included - pretty much everything you need to know about this adventure and more.View Essential Trip Information