Discover the many layers of captivating Cuba
From tobacco fields and fishing villages, to revolutionist monuments and relaxing beaches, Cuba is home to one of the most captivating cultures in the world. Take in the crumbling facades of colonial buildings, meet chilled out locals puffing on cigars and wiggle your toes in the sand on an isolated beach. Experience Cuba in all its glory and discover the colours, cuisine and culture that make up this truly distinctive country.
Amble down the cobbled streets of historic Havana
Explore Cuba’s best-preserved colonial town
Check out the Bay of Pigs Museum
Snorkel in the waters off Cayo Blanco
See the site of Che Guevara’s famous train battle
Cash is difficult to access in Cuba. Credit cards (not debit cards) are essential – ideally multiple credit cards from several different banks.
Luxuries such as air conditioning, and even kitchen sinks, are often scarce. Part of the experience here is learning to appreciate everyday Cuban resourcefulness.
There's plenty of time to eat the delights of the sea, but it's good to keep in mind that accompaniments are not as expansive as in another countries, due to limitations on imports.
Internet access can be hard to come by, and when it's available it's often unreliable and expensive. This is, on the other hand, a great opportunity to take a break from modern devices and have a true holiday.
Cuba is different and that’s what makes it such a fascinating destination. You will find that things don’t always go according to plan or work the way they do back home. Regulations concerning foreigners and currency may appear strange to you, buses and planes often run late and sometimes the water in your bathroom can run cold and the electricity fail. In order to get the most out of your holiday, a degree of patience, good humour and understanding is a definite advantage. Cuba may not be wealthy in a monetary sense, however if you approach your holiday with an open and enquiring mind, the warm welcome you receive from Cubans will ensure you a rich and rewarding holiday experience.
Trip departures are unavailable.
There are currently no scheduled departures on our Cuba Family Holiday trip. If you are interested in other trips in the region visit one of the links below.
1. Please note that these trips are for adults and children travelling together and there must be at least one child under 18 with you.
2. Minimum age for children on this trip is 5 years old.
3. A discount of 10% applies on this trip to children 17 years and under at time of travel.
4. A Single Supplement is available on this trip, please ask your booking agent for more information.
5. It is common for Cuban houses to have bar gates locking the access in and out of the house during the night. We constantly work with our “Casa” owner to make them see the risk this poses in case of an emergency exit is required. We have agreed with the properties we work with that such gates will remain unlock during the night and/or you will have the necessary means to open them if required (a set of keys for example). If you have any concerns in this regard please contact the emergency number listed in the Essential Trip information and while on tour speak to your tour leader
Want an in-depth insight into this trip? Essential Trip Information provides a detailed itinerary, visa info, how to get to your hotel, what's included - pretty much everything you need to know about this adventure and more.View Essential Trip Information