Sun, fun, creatures and culture in Guatemala and Belize.
Wander the cobblestone streets of Antigua, admire ancient Mayan ruins and unwind on the laidback island of Caye Caulker on this 10-day adventure from Guatemala to Belize. This trip spans two captivating countries, with different languages, distinct cultures and varied landscapes – each with the capacity to inspire awe in those who visit. From volcano-studded highlands to the chilled-out charm of the Caribbean coast, this tour delivers a hearty dose of history and culture, plenty of epic scenery and some well-deserved downtime.
For a limited time only secure your dream 2023 adventure for $99 - Offer ends soon!Terms & Conditions
Gaze in wonder at the jungle-shrouded limestone temples of Tikal, one of the most impressive Mayan sites in the whole of Central America, as howler monkeys call from the canopy.
Relax and recharge on the white sands of Caye Caulker, a tiny Belizean island made for beach BBQs, snorkel trips and lazy afternoons spent swinging in a hammock.
Explore Livingston: a one-of-a-kind riverside town where the local culture is heavily influenced by the Afro-Caribbean Garifuna population.
Walk along cobblestone streets and shop for local handicrafts in the tiny inland island town of Flores.
Dig deeper into Mayan history – visiting lesser-known ruins and a mystical Mayan cave complex – around San Ignacio, a vibrant market town near the Belize-Guatemala border.
The tropical climate of Central America means conditions can be really hot and humid. Always carry plenty of water with you and stay hydrated, especially on walking tours.
As this trip covers destinations across two countries, you'll need to make a border crossing. While this is usually straightforward, please prepare to be patient.
While your leaders on this trip will bridge any language gaps you have along the way, you'll find meeting locals easier the more Spanish words you know. Attempting to communicate in Spanish is a great way of showing you care.
1. Your adventure begins with a welcome meeting at 6 pm on Day 1. There are no activities planned for the final day so you may depart at any time.
2. A single supplement is available if you’d prefer not to share a room on this trip. Please speak to your booking agent for further information.
3. Please be careful when booking flights to Antigua; make sure you fly into Guatemala City Airport [GUA]. Guatemala City Airport is the closest airport to Antigua. Please do not book flights to Antigua & Barbuda Airport [ANU] as this is an island in the Caribbean.
4. On your final day, you’ve got the power to choose where your adventure takes you. If you like, you can stay in Caye Caulker for another couple of nights relaxing beachside – we’ll be happy to organise additional accommodation (subject to availability). Otherwise, jump on an included water taxi transfer from the Caye Caulker ferry port back to Belize City where you can also book additional nights’ accommodation, or where your leader can assist you to catch a taxi from the port to the airport for an onward connection. You will need to make your own way from your hotel in Caye Caulker to the ferry port. To allow for transfer times, please book a flight after 12 pm (midday).
5. An open-dated round-trip ticket to return to Belize City from Caye Caulker's ferry port is included on this trip. If you are travelling from Caye Caulker to Belize Airport please ensure you do not book a flight before 12pm to allow for travel time.
Want an in-depth insight into this trip? Essential Trip Information provides a detailed itinerary, visa info, how to get to your hotel, what's included - pretty much everything you need to know about this adventure and more.View Essential Trip Information