Ride through deserts, roads and mountains on a journey through Jordan’s ever-changing landscapes
From the shores of the Dead Sea to the top of ancient Petra, Jordan is a country as rich in surreal landscapes as it is in natural charm. Places such as the ruins of ancient Jerash seem so perfectly preserved, it’s almost as if they froze in time; Mount Nebo, said to once be savoured by Moses as he looked on towards the Promised Land, offers views revered since antiquity; and the deserts around Wadi Rum seem to glow the colour of the earth’s blood. Experience the best that Jordan has to offer as you feel the winds of the desert shift into the breath of the mountain, all the while pedalling from the top of your faithful bike.
Spend a whole day uncovering the majesty and mystery of the world wonder of Petra. The first glimpse of the Treasury from the narrow path of the Siq is simply unforgettable.
Experience the best weightlessness this side of outer space with an effortless float in the super-salty waters of the Dead Sea
Hop in a jeep and experience the extraordinary desert scenery of Wadi Rum, a rugged moonscape of huge sandstone mountains
Meet Bedouin locals, learn about their ways, and sleep under the stars in a far-flung desert camp.
To complete this trip it is important that you are both confident and competent in riding a bicycle.
On this trip we have a single leader that rides with the group, and another that drives the support vehicle (acting as a back marker where needed). Where the vehicle cannot travel directly with the cyclists (e.g. a cyclists-only path) your leader will assign a person from the group to act as a back marker.
There is quite a bit of walking involved in visiting Jordan's historic sites, especially in Petra and Wadi Rum, so a reasonable level of fitness is required. Most of the time there is no shade so remember to bring a hat, sun protection, and sturdy, comfortable walking shoes.
Winters can get quite cool, so if you're visiting at this time, don't forget to pack some warmer layers too.
The desert camp in Wadi Rum is basic but incredibly memorable. There are tents and shared western bathroom facilities. Please be aware that while the desert may be very hot during the day, it will still be cool at night and warm clothes and a sleeping bag is highly recommended when travelling outside of the summer months.
Trip departures are unavailable.
There are currently no scheduled departures on our Cycle Jordan: Petra & Wadi Rum trip. If you are interested in other trips in the region visit one of the links below.
1. Trip starting from 1 Oct 2020 will stay in Amman rather than Madaba on day 1.
2. A single supplement is available on this trip with exception of Day 4 (Bedouin Camp) and Day 7 (Wadi Rum).
3. Bicycle hire is included in your trip price. Please advise your height at time of booking so as we can organise a suitable sized bike.
4. Bike helmets are compulsory on this trip. We are unable to hire bike helmets locally so please ensure you bring your own bike helmet from home.
5. On this trip we have a single leader that rides with the group, and another that drives the support vehicle (acting as a back marker where needed). Where the vehicle cannot travel directly with the cyclists (e.g. a cyclists-only path) your leader will assign a person from the group to act as a back marker.
6. In 2020 we will overnight in Shobak rather than Dana.
Want an in-depth insight into this trip? Essential Trip Information provides a detailed itinerary, visa info, how to get to your hotel, what's included - pretty much everything you need to know about this adventure and more.View Essential Trip Information