This 15-day trip is unlike any other as you journey through the Himalayas to Everest Base Camp. Walk among giants and tick off a once in a lifetime experience making new friends and unforgettable memories along the way. Surrounded by (literally) breathtaking scenery, you’ll step foot in hilltop monasteries, eat your weight in dahl baht and momos, sip tea in Namche Bazaar and feel the huge sense of accomplishment when you reach the colourful flags of camp. Take on the challenge that many have taken before you and walk in the footsteps of champions. Because group dynamic is crucial on a trek like this, this trip is for people who want to hike with other 18- to 29-year-olds. Plus, you’ll be choosing a company with a strong commitment to the rights and fair treatment of porters and trekking guides, meaning you can hike with a clear conscience, knowing you’re doing the trek of a lifetime the ethical way.
In case of weather conditions leading to cancellations or delays in included flights, this trip will operate on an alternate itinerary. Please see day 1 of the itinerary for more details.
Dates and availability
1. This trip starts in Kathmandu with an important welcome meeting in the afternoon on Day 1. This allows you extra time to purchase/hire required gear in Kathmandu.
2. Due to the demands of travelling at high altitudes (up to 5545 metres/18192 feet). A Passenger Self Assessment Form is required for this trip.
3. A sleeping bag is required for this trip. Please bring your own or hire one in Kathmandu.
4. A single supplement is available if you’d prefer not to share a room on this trip. The single supplement will only be included on Days 1,14 (Hotel) and is subject to availability. Please speak to your booking agent for further information.
5. Please bring TWO passport sized photos to your joining meeting for your trekking permits.
6. In case of weather conditions leading to cancellations or delays in flights, this trip will operate on an alternate itinerary. Please see day 1 of the itinerary for more details.
7. You must bring an emergency fund of USD 500 in cash with you on this trip, which you may need to use in case of delayed or cancelled flights, as itinerary changes will be at the travellers expense.
8. If you need assistance booking optional activities pre or post trip, please contact our local operator on +977 980 112 3645.
9. Please be aware that in the event of an emergency evacuation, Intrepid does not have control over which helicopter service may be used. Some helicopters are not in regular use with Intrepid and have not passed our internal safety auditing.
Filter by rating