An unforgettable African journey from Kigali to Windhoek
Embrace the adventure of a lifetime on a 37-day Premium journey through Africa. Enter the world of rare mountain gorillas in Uganda’s Bwindi Impenetrable Forest, take in quintessential East Africa in the Masai Mara, search for wildlife in the Greater Kruger region, be amazed by the showstopping Victoria Falls, search for a wealth of elephants in Chobe National Park and marvel at the desert landscapes of Swakopmund and Sossusvlei. From the forests of Uganda to the vast grasslands of Kenya to the national parks of Southern Africa and Botswana, and the otherworldly landscapes of Namibia, few places on the planet offer such spectacular diversity and wildlife.
Don't wait - plan your next people and planet-friendly adventure with just € 99* this March. Offer ends March 31.Terms & Conditions
Our best accommodation and highest level of service.
Unusual, exceptional and authentic on-trip experiences.
Led by our most experienced and highest rated local leaders.
With your gorilla permit included in the price of the trip, spend a day trekking (with an optional second) through Bwindi Impenetrable Forest to get close to Uganda's rare mountain gorillas for an unforgettable hour.
Let your Feature Stays take you close to nature, from spectacular views at our carbon neutral Gorilla Lodge in Bwindi Impenetrable National Park, to a camp with easy asccess to the Masai Mara Game Reserve and a lodge on a private reserve in Greater Kruger, to a camp on the banks of the Chobe River and chalets in the Naukluft Mountains of Namibia.
Enjoy a front-row seat for wildlife viewings during 4x4 game drives in the Masai Mara, the Namibian desert, Lake Nakuru's National Park, Chobe National Park, Etosha National Park and Kruger National Park, with expert guides at the helm.
Discover the region’s best with Exclusive Experiences, including dinner with a local park ranger, a boat trip on Lake Naivasha, 4x4 drive through the Makgadikgadi Pans, game drives at the Boteti River and a privately catered cruise down the Zambezi River.
Visit a local Maasai community known for championing Maasai women’s health and education. During this Exclusive Experience, you’ll be welcomed by traditional Maasai warrior song and dance and learn about this remarkable culture.
Take in the spectacular contrasts of Namibia – climb the iconic Dune 45 to see the sand dunes of the Sossusvlei, explore the picturesque Deadvlei Salt Pans, Sesriem Canyon and Damaraland’s ancient rock paintings and petrified forests.
Tracking gorillas in the dense forest can sometimes be wet, humid, muddy and uncomfortable. The terrain is by no means easy either, so it can be pretty strenuous walking. You need to be prepared and fit enough to walk up to 4 hours up and down hills (perhaps pack some gardening gloves to assist in any up-hill climbs). But the sheer thrill of coming across a habituated group of gorillas, dominated by a great male silverback, more than outweighs any difficulty.
The gorilla trek is a shared activity. You may be split into different groups according to fitness level, and be accompanied by other travellers on your trek. However there will only be a maximum of 8 people per gorilla family, plus a local Uganda Wildlife Ranger and trackers.
This itinerary features some long travel days, which can be exacerbated by bumpy African roads. It is recommended that you pay close attention to the given approximations of driving hours.
As the early bird catches the worm, the early camper sights the animals. There will be many early starts either to make use of the better safari time or to beat the morning traffic on long travel days.
Our lodge is located in the Guernsey Private Game Reserve which is located within the Greater Kruger Park ecosystem. It’s about a 40-minute drive to Kruger National Park’s Orpen Gate. On this itinerary you will have Game Drives in both the Kruger National Park and neighbouring Private Game Reserves.
1. This trip requires a higher non-refundable deposit (AUD1000, USD1000, EUR800, NZD1250, GBP650, CAD1000, ZAR8000, CHF900) in order to secure the included gorilla permit. Please note that we need to confirm availability of a gorilla permit if you are booking within 45 days of departure. The additional deposit paid at time of booking will be credited to the final balance of your booking.
2. Please note that the Gorilla Permit included is only valid for one day on Day 4. For those who are interested for a second trek, please consult your booking agent about purchasing the second Gorilla Permit.
3. A single supplement is available on all nights of this trip, subject to availability. Please speak to your booking agent for further information.
4. A complimentary airport arrival transfer is included; valid if you are arriving on Day 1 or if you have booked pre-tour accommodation through us. You must provide your flight details to your booking agent at least 14 days prior to travel.
5. An optional sunrise balloon ride in the Masai Mara is possible on this itinerary. Please see the itinerary above for full details of this activity. As the balloon only holds 16 people, places are limited and we recommend you book in advance. Please inquire when booking your trip to book this optional activity.
6. Depending on the departure date, we may use other luxury camps for our Feature Stay in Kenya, including Zebra Plains, Mara Engai, Amani Mara or Fig Tree Camp.
7. This trip includes flights. The luggage allowance is 23kg for check in luggage and 8kg for carry on.
8. Travel is always an adventure and, as destinations reopen, there are a few challenges as everyone gets back up to speed and adjusts to the new normal. Our leaders are experts when it comes to dealing with anything unexpected along the journey, so pack your understanding and flexibility, sit back and relax while they take care of the rest.
9. Our operator has advised that customers with the J&J vaccine and no booster may have difficulty crossing the border into Botswana (and potentially Zimbabwe) without a negative test result. This information conflicts with various government travel advice websites. We recommend you check with your local consulate before travel to ensure you have the most up to date information.10
10. Border crossing delays in the region have been sporadic and difficult to predict as travel rebounds. What takes an hour one day may take four hours the next. This may affect the order of activities in the itinerary. We understand this uncertainty can be frustrating, and we strongly recommend packing a bit of patience and flexibility.
Want an in-depth insight into this trip? Essential Trip Information provides a detailed itinerary, visa info, how to get to your hotel, what's included - pretty much everything you need to know about this adventure and more.View Essential Trip Information