Do you need a visa for Cambodia?
Yes, for most visitors to Cambodia, a tourist (T) visa is required for entry. Countries that require a visa include Australia, the UK, Canada, South Africa, the USA and Ireland. This visa costs USD $36 and is valid for 30 days. Please be mindful to carefully check your entry and exit dates as it is a serious offence to overstay.
The nationals from the following countries can stay in Cambodia for either 21 or 30 days (depending on the country) and do not need a tourist visa: Laos, Malaysia, Philippines, Singapore, Vietnam, Thailand, Indonesia, Brunei and Myanmar.
There are several options for getting a Cambodian visa.
- Apply online for an E-Visa before travelling. Approval can take around 3 days.
- Get a visa at a Cambodian Embassy or overseas consulate prior to arrival in Cambodia.
- For most visitors, you can also get a visa upon arrival at either the Phnom Penh, Sihanoukville or Siem Reap International Airports. If you are crossing into Cambodia by land from Thailand, Vietnam or Laos, you may also be able to obtain a visa from the International Check Point border. It is advised to check if your entry point can issue a tourist visa before you depart.
The nationalities that are required to obtain a visa in their country at the Royal Embassy of the Kingdom of Cambodia prior to travel are Afghanistan, Algeria, Arab Saudi, Bangladesh, Iran, Iraq, Pakistan, Sri Lanka, Sudan and Nigeria.
Please note that conditions are subject to change, so it’s always worth checking before you travel.
Learn more about obtaining a Cambodian visa
Entry requirements for Cambodia
When applying for a Cambodian tourist visa you will need the following:
- A passport that is valid for at least 6 months from the date of entry into Cambodia. Please note that if your passport is damaged or there are pages missing, you could be refused entry.
- One recent passport-sized colour photo
- Application forms
- Other documents that are relevant to your stay in Cambodia, such as hotel reservation documents
Foreigners Present in Cambodia System
Another thing to note when travelling to Cambodia is that all foreigners are required to be registered in the Foreigners Present in Cambodia System (FPCS). This new system is used for keeping track of foreigners coming in and out of the country and is mainly in place for safety in case of an emergency.
If you are staying in a hotel or guesthouse, this is normally done for you, however, if you have no landlord or own your own home in Cambodia, you will need to register yourself. It is recommended to register before arrival. To complete, download the app using an Android or iOS device and follow the steps, you will need a copy of your passport and information about your accommodation in Cambodia.
Cambodia visa fees
The cost for a single-entry tourist (T) visa for a stay in Cambodia of up to 30 days is USD $36. This fee covers the processing charge (USD $6) and once approved, is valid for use within 3 months.
How to apply for a Cambodia e-visa
- Go to evisa.gov.kh. This is the only official government e-visa portal for Cambodia. Be aware that there are other websites that falsely claim to provide this service.
- Follow the prompts to sign up, sign in, apply, and pay online.
- After your application has been processed and approved (usually within three business days), download your e-visa from the online portal.
- Print out your e-visa, and present it on arrival in Cambodia.
The page is for general information only and may be subject to change. It is your responsibility to obtain relevant visa and travel information required for entry, departure and travel to each country or region you visit on your trip. You should confirm these with the relevant embassies and/or consulates.
Last updated: 02/06/2023
Click here to return to Cambodia FAQs
Our tours in Cambodia
Travel into the heart and soul of South East Asia on this comprehensive tour of Vietnam...
Travel from Vietnam to Thailand on a South East Asian adventure that explores Cambodia...
Uncover the mysteries of incredible Angkor Wat on a Premium tour of Cambodia. Travel...
Unearth the essence of Cambodia on a leisurely journey that spends time seeing the...
Be immersed in the rich historic and cultural heritage of Vietnam and Cambodia on this...
Follow the ancient trails through Cambodia and Vietnam. Explore Angkor’s temples,...
Discover the incredible diversity, delectable cuisines, dramatic histories and natural...
See the Best of Cambodia on a trip from the Cambodian capital Phnom Penh, via the...
Hit Bangkok and Ho Chi Minh City on a 12-day adventure through Cambodia with Intrepid....
Follow the ancient trails on a trip to Thailand and Cambodia. Explore the temples of...
Discover the highlights and traditions of Thailand, Vietnam and Cambodia on this 24-day...
Uncover the dramatic histories of these two beautiful countries on a trip through the...
See the best of Cambodia, learning about its history and customs as you cycle, trek and...
Travel into the heart and soul of South East Asia on this comprehensive tour of...
Bounce from Hanoi to Cat Ba Island, through Phnom Penh, Kampot and Siem Reap, then head...
Travel to Cambodia on a 12-day adventure from Ho Chi Minh City to Bangkok. Explore...
From Bangkok you'll hit the ancient streets and temples of Angkor in Siem Reap, get...
Explore South East Asia on a 22-day adventure through Vietnam, Cambodia and Thailand –...
Experience the best of South East Asia with Intrepid. Marvel at the Angkor complex,...
Dive headfirst from Ho Chi Minh City into real Cambodia, visiting Phnom Penh, Siem Reap...
Munch your way through Cambodia on this mouth-watering food adventure from Phnom Penh...
See Vietnam, Cambodia and Thailand from two wheels on this 13-day adventure from Ho Chi...
Explore vibrant Vietnam, charismatic Cambodia and beguiling Bangkok on this awesome...
Get to know Vietnam and Cambodia, each with their own uniquely enchanting culture and...
Take a trip with the lot – Angkor Wat, Phnom Penh, Ho Chi Minh City, Hoi An, Hue, Phong...
Join us for the South East Asian trip of your dreams – a little bit of Bangkok, a pinch...
Encounter Cambodia's complex history and welcoming culture on a small-group family...
Taste the true flavours of Vietnam and Cambodia, feasting on local food and catching...
Gear up for an energising and rewarding cycling tour that takes in the best of...