Follow the iconic River Thames from the Cotswolds to Windsor
Pick up a paddle, lace up your boots and adjust your helmet for an action-packed adventure down England’s most iconic River – the Thames. Walk, cycle and canoe your way from the Cotswolds to Windsor, marvelling at quintessential British scenery and stopping off for plenty of pub lunches along the way. With a local leader at the helm, you can leave your worries in your wake as all the little details are taken care of. Explore charming villages, medieval towns and the fascinating city of Oxford, then in the evenings, rest your head in traditional inns filled with as much history as the destinations themselves.
Whether you’re on two feet, two wheels or in a canoe, following England’s iconic River Thames from Kemble to Windsor will always be exciting, with surprises and beautiful scenery at every turn.
Explore the delightful village of Bampton, where the show Downton Abbey was filmed, and visit the beautiful summer home of artist and poet William Morris in Lechlade.
Paddle your way into Oxford and discover its incredible buildings and renowned university during a walking tour of the city, then perhaps jump on a famous punt boat for a different perspective.
Enjoy an afternoon of cycling through the stunning landscapes of the Cotswolds, then kick your feet up at your accommodation, a charming traditional inn above a typical British pub.
This is an action-packed itinerary and a moderate level of fitness will help you get the most out of all included activities. You must be confident in the water for stand up paddle boarding, kayaking and swimming. All equipment and safety gear is provided.
This 4-day adventure begins on Day 1 in the morning and finishes on Day 4 in the late afternoon – you may like to consider arranging additional nights before or after the trip.
Some short sections of cycling and walking may require your own navigation, only in instances when your experienced tour leader will be moving our van to meet you just down the road.
This trip is new to our range this year. And while we have thoroughly researched every detail of the logistics, new destinations and working with new partners can sometimes throw us some unexpected surprises. More often than not, it’ll be a great surprise. But every now and again there might be a hiccup. We like to think that’s what puts the ‘adventure’ in ‘adventure travel’.
Trip departures are unavailable.
There are currently no scheduled departures on our River Thames: Hike, Bike & Kayak trip. If you are interested in other trips in the region visit one of the links below.
1. This trip starts on Day 1 at 11am at Kemble train station and finishes on Day 4 at 6pm in Windsor. You may like to consider arranging additional nights before or after the trip.
2. This is an active trip, and it consists of walking, cycling and water-based activities. Whilst previous experience in walking and kayaking or canoeing isn’t essential, your ability to cycle is.
3. A Single Supplement may be available on this trip, please ask your booking agent for more information.
4. Equipment hire is included in your trip price, bikes, helmets, and all water sport gear. Bike helmets are compulsory to wear during all rides.
5. Some short sections of cycling and walking may require your own navigation, only in instances when your experienced tour leader will be moving our van to meet the group.
Want an in-depth insight into this trip? Essential Trip Information provides a detailed itinerary, visa info, how to get to your hotel, what's included - pretty much everything you need to know about this adventure and more.View Essential Trip Information