Explore South Africa's abundant wildlife, Zulu culture and dramatic scenery
Travel through South Africa and Eswatini (Swaziland), combining cultural and wildlife experiences. The tour starts with an introduction to South Africa’s most famous township, Soweto, before heading out into the wilderness. Once on the road you’ll stop at a Zulu village and experience activities such as hiking, kayaking and rafting before arriving at Kruger National Park for unbelievable wildlife watching.
Treat yourself with up to 30% off* our trips for a limited time only!Terms & Conditions
This trip visits a great spread of Southern African game reserves, putting you and your family right in the midst of the mighty 'Big Five' game of Africa
Camp at Kruger National Park under the African night sky. Experience the sights and sounds of the wild, perhaps the roar of a lion as you and your family drift off to sleep
A Zulu village tour introduces you and your family to a fascinating tribal culture. You might learn about anything from spear-making and bone-throwing to dancing and basket-weaving
Beautifully lit by candles and parafin lanterns, your spacious campsite in Hlane National Park is just a stone's throw from a floodlit waterhole frequented by elephants and rhinos
Enjoy a guided hike at Blyde River Canyon, where the spectacular colours and shades of Bourke's Luck Potholes are a photographer's dream
This trip quite a bit of distance, with two particularly long days of travel. A good dose of patience will go a long way towards your enjoyment of these beautiful countries.
This is a participatory camping trip and everyone will embrace the team spirit by helping with camp setup, food preparation and cleaning. You will be putting up and taking down your tent as you move from place to place
Malaria is a risk in these areas, so it's essential to consult a doctor about relevant medication prior to your trip.
Trip departures are unavailable.
There are currently no scheduled departures on our South Africa Family Safari with Teenagers trip. If you are interested in other trips in the region visit one of the links below.
1. Please note that these trips are for adults and children travelling together and there must be at least one child under 18 with you.
2. Minimum age for children on this trip is 10 years old.
3. A discount of 10% applies on this trip to children under 17 years of age at time of travel.
4. This trip starts at noon on Day 1 and ends at approximately 3pm on day 12 at Johannesburg international airport. Please do not book any flights until after 8pm.
5. Travelling with children: Children travelling on a valid passport with one or both parents are no longer required to present a birth certificate, parental consent letter and other supporting documentation. To check the requirements for other situations, such as legal guardianship or unaccompanied travelling minors, visit the South African Department of Home Affairs.
6. A single supplement is available if you’d prefer not to share a room on this trip. The single supplement applies to all nights of your trip and is subject to availability. Please speak to your booking agent for further information.
7. You will need to bring your own sleeping bag, pillow and towel.
8. Border crossing delays in the region have been sporadic and difficult to predict as travel rebounds. What takes an hour one day may take four hours the next. This may affect the order of activities in the itinerary. We understand this uncertainty can be frustrating, and we strongly recommend packing a bit of patience and flexibility.
9. On occasion, especially during the peak months of May to September and December we are not able to secure campsites within the Kruger National Park. In this instance we will camp at a backpackers outside the park.
Want an in-depth insight into this trip? Essential Trip Information provides a detailed itinerary, visa info, how to get to your hotel, what's included - pretty much everything you need to know about this adventure and more.View Essential Trip Information