Unfortunately this tour isn’t available for sale in your country or region.
Sleep under the stars and see Yosemite minus the crowds
Explore the North Rim of Yosemite Valley during an early season Yosemite hiking adventure up to the rim that overlooks one of the world’s scenic treasures. This small group backpacking trip offers a wonderful opportunity to escape the crowds and absorb some of the best views in Yosemite National Park. You will also maximise your time by starting and finishing your trip in Yosemite Valley where El Capitan and Half Dome tower over the famous meadows. Sleep under the stars, see all the best sights, take in views of the entire Yosemite Valley and the incomparable High Sierra, and more.
Escape the crowds, absorb some of the best views in the park, sleep under the stars, and see some of Yosemite’s most amazing waterfalls and peaks.
Start and finish your trip in Yosemite Valley, where the scenery is superb and El Capitan and Half Dome tower over the famous meadows.
See Yosemite Falls, North Dome and Indian Rock while taking in expansive views of the entire Yosemite Valley and the incomparable High Sierra.
Photo opportunities are plentiful as the trail reveals ever-changing views of Half Dome, Clouds Rest, Tenaya Canyon, Mount Watkins, and many more scenic wonders.
Take in views of Yosemite’s only above water natural arch and climb to the summit of Half Dome’s smaller twin, North Dome.
This is a walking trip; a good fitness level will help you enjoying all included walks and activities.
On this tour you will be required to carry a back pack weighting approximately 35-45 lb (15-20kg).
On our final day there is no accommodation included so please plan your departure accordingly, or pre-book a post-tour night.
Trip departures are unavailable.
There are currently no scheduled departures on our Hiking and Backpacking Yosemite's North Rim trip. If you are interested in other trips in the region visit one of the links below.
1. A completed registration form is required to join these trips. You will not be confirmed for the trip until your form has been received and reviewed. We may ask for a medical release signed by your physician for medical conditions or circumstances which could possibly compromise your safety or the safety of others on this trip – please speak to your agent for further details.
2. Travellers on this particular trip are not required to produce proof of full vaccination against COVID-19.
3. A signed disclaimer (Acknowledgement of Risks Form) is required at the time of booking for this trip – please speak to your agent for further details.
4. To help ensure this trip is right for you, this trip is subject to additional ‘Essential Eligibility Requirements’ – see the ‘Itinerary Disclaimer’ section of the Essential Trip Information for further details
5. This trip is operated and run by our trusted partner, Wildland Trekking. You will be travelling with a mixture of both Wildland Trekking customers and Intrepid customers. Intrepid has worked very closely with Wildland Trekking to ensure that all of our customers will enjoy their time away, and experience all that the region has to offer.
6. This trip starts in Yosemite Valley in the parking lot of Curry Village near the bear boxes at shuttle stop 14 at 6PM on Day 1.
7. A single supplement is available. The single supplement applies to all nights of the trip and is subject to availability. Please speak to your booking agent for further information.
8. A single tent is provided to all solo travellers at no extra cost.
Want an in-depth insight into this trip? Essential Trip Information provides a detailed itinerary, visa info, how to get to your hotel, what's included - pretty much everything you need to know about this adventure and more.View Essential Trip Information