Unfortunately this tour isn’t available for sale in your country or region.
See the best of Yellowstone on three unique hikes
Take in incredible viewpoints, the most well-known and spectacular geysers, plunging waterfalls, pristine rivers and lakes, wildlife, and the vast meadow systems of Yellowstone National Park on an inn-based hiking tour. Reach the summit of Mount Washburn, take in the glittering expanse of Yellowstone Lake, and soak up the sights and sounds of Fairy Falls. After each day’s hike, enjoy fine dining and cosy accommodation in hand-picked lodges, with the option for moon-lit walks or relaxation after spending each day in the great outdoors.
Hike to one of the most beautiful lookout spots in the park, the summit of Mt. Washburn, and take in the views of Yellowstone Lake, the Teton Range, and Electric Peak.
Drive to the Grand Canyon of Yellowstone – a giant rift in a landscape of forested hills - and take a short stroll to Artist Point for more phenomenal waterfall views.
Take in the glittering waters of Yellowstone Lake on a hike to Storm Point, a relatively flat loop that leads to a stunning vista of the largest lake above 7,000 feet in North America.
Keep an eye out for bison as you inhale the fresh scent of the pine forest and walk past enormous boulders where are home to a colony of yellow-bellied marmots.
Explore the Upper Geyser Basin which is home to more than half the world’s geysers, including what is the arguably the most famous one, Old Faithful.
This is a walking trip; a good fitness level will help you enjoying all included walks and activities.
Yellowstone boasts warm summers but be prepared for colder evenings and possibly rainy days. Good clothing and appropriate footwear are a must.
On our final day there is no accommodation included so please plan your departure accordingly, or pre-book a post-tour night.
Trip departures are unavailable.
There are currently no scheduled departures on our Yellowstone Hiking Experience trip. If you are interested in other trips in the region visit one of the links below.
1. A completed registration form is required to join these trips. You will not be confirmed for the trip until your form has been received and reviewed. We may ask for a medical release signed by your physician for medical conditions or circumstances which could possibly compromise your safety or the safety of others on this trip – please speak to your agent for further details.
2. Travellers on this particular trip are not required to produce proof of full vaccination against COVID-19.
3. A signed disclaimer (Acknowledgement of Risks Form) is required at the time of booking for this trip – please speak to your agent for further details.
4. To help ensure this trip is right for you, this trip is subject to additional ‘Essential Eligibility Requirements’ – see the ‘Itinerary Disclaimer’ section of the Essential Trip Information for further details.
5. This trip is operated and run by our trusted partner, Wildland Trekking. You will be travelling with a mixture of both Wildland Trekking customers and Intrepid customers. Intrepid has worked very closely with Wildland Trekking to ensure that all of our customers will enjoy their time away, and experience all that the region has to offer.
6. Please note, pre-trip orientation meeting will take place at 5:00 PM day before trip starts via conference call. Early on the morning of day 1, you will be picked up from Mountain Modern Inn, in Jackson. We recommend you book a pre tour night in that hotel.
7. A single supplement is available. The single supplement applies to all nights of the trip and is subject to availability. Please speak to your booking agent for further information.
Want an in-depth insight into this trip? Essential Trip Information provides a detailed itinerary, visa info, how to get to your hotel, what's included - pretty much everything you need to know about this adventure and more.View Essential Trip Information