Journey along the River Wye on an active adventure
Why should you visit the River Wye? We’re glad you asked! Crossing from Wales into England and carving out much of the border on its way, the River Wye is undoubtedly one of the UK’s best examples of unspoiled natural beauty and classic British scenery – from rolling green hills and spectacular valleys to delightful little villages dotted with cosy pubs. In six days, you’ll uncover all the best bits of this beautiful corner of the country on foot, bicycle and canoe, with a local leader on hand to show you the ropes. Venture from the river’s source in the Welsh Mountains and follow it on a thrilling adventure down to Ross-on-Wye.
Make your dream trip a reality with discounts ranging up to 30% off your next Intrepid adventure.Terms & Conditions
Follow the River Wye from its source high in the Welsh Mountains all the way to Ross-on-Wye on foot, bicycle and canoe, allowing you to see the scenery from multiple perspectives.
Explore the little-known yet absolutely beautiful Elan Valley on bicycles, then spend two nights in a remote family-run lodge, set in a gorgeous Victorian era building.
Hit the water in a canoe or kayak and paddle down from Glasbury to Whitney Bridge, stopping off for lunch in the charming town of Hay-on-Wye, famed for its celebration of books.
Pull up your kayaks on the side of the river and arrive at your accommodation for two nights – a spectacular glamping experience in permanent pods totally immersed in nature.
Hike and bike up to Symonds Yat Rock and be rewarded with unbeatable views of the River Wye and its surrounds, plus the chance to spot peregrine falcons soaring overhead.
This is an action-packed itinerary and a moderate level of fitness will help you get the most out of all included activities. You must be confident in the water for stand up paddle boarding, kayaking and swimming. All equipment and safety gear is provided.
This adventure begins in Day 1 in the morning and finishes on Day 6 in early afternoon – you may like to consider arranging additional nights before or after the trip.
Some short sections of cycling and walking may require your own navigation, only in instances when your experienced tour leader will be moving our van to meet you just down the road.
This trip is new to our range this year. And while we have thoroughly researched every detail of the logistics, new destinations and working with new partners can sometimes throw us some unexpected surprises. More often than not, it’ll be a great surprise. But every now and again there might be a hiccup. We like to think that’s what puts the ‘adventure’ in ‘adventure travel’.
Trip departures are unavailable.
There are currently no scheduled departures on our River Wye: Hike, Bike & Kayak (Source to Sea) trip. If you are interested in other trips in the region visit one of the links below.
1. This trip starts on Day 1 at 11am at the Railway station in Gloucester and finishes on Day 6 at 10am. You may like to consider arranging additional nights before or after the trip.
2. This is an active trip, and it consists of walking, cycling and water-based activities. Whilst previous experience in walking and kayaking or canoeing isn’t essential, your ability to cycle is.
3. A Single Supplement may be available on this trip, please ask your booking agent for more information.
4. Equipment hire is included in your trip price, bikes, helmets, and all water sport gear. Bike helmets are compulsory to wear during all rides.
5. Some short sections of cycling and walking may require your own navigation, only in instances when your experienced tour leader will be moving our van to meet the group.
Want an in-depth insight into this trip? Essential Trip Information provides a detailed itinerary, visa info, how to get to your hotel, what's included - pretty much everything you need to know about this adventure and more.View Essential Trip Information