An unforgettable north to south cycling tour of vibrant Vietnam
More than 30 million Vietnamese can't be wrong - handle-bar height gives you the best view of Vietnam! Our cycling tour through this mesmerising country provides opportunities to meet the locals and experience their culture in a way that wouldn't otherwise be possible. So come with us and get active as we travel from Hanoi to Ho Chi Minh City, down country lanes and over spectacular mountain passes. And, of course, all the exercise gives you the perfect excuse to indulge in delicious Vietnamese cuisine.
Save more, see more with up to 25% off* 2023 trips. Adventure is just a click away. Ends 2 Dec.Terms & Conditions
If you love to cycle, to feel the wind in your (helmet-covered) hair and a tropical breeze on your face then this speedy but comprehensive 15 day adventure is for you
A bike lets you see Vietnam like never before – you’ll go from road to beaten track to something way beyond
Think of the calories you’ll burn and the appetite you’ll work up cycling around Vietnam’s incredible landscape – all the more reason to indulge in the wealth of delicious local and regional food
This two-wheeled adventure will show you all the different sides of this country – wildlife-filled natural landscapes, small villages and ancient ruins, along with the region’s liveliest cities
To complete this trip it is important that you are both confident and competent in riding a bicycle.
This trip covers quite some distance – you’ll be cycling for up to 70 kilometres a day on varied terrain, so this trip is for the reasonably fit.
There’s the possibility of a few hiccups along the way – a puncture here and there maybe – but there’s no doubt this is an incredibly rewarding adventure
You'll be spending one night in a homestay and another on an overnight sleeper train. While the accommodation is shared and basic, this is a great opportunity to interact with the locals, and get a real sense of Vietnamese daily life.
If you’re confident in your cycling ability, then those that want an even longer cycling adventure should opt for ‘TVXCC - Cycle South East Asia’, which includes everything that's on the itinerary of this trip, plus the itinerary of ‘TTXC- Cycle Indochina’.
The weather in this region can be varied. Be prepared to get sweaty and for the occasional rainstorm, which may require a change of plans.
If you feel like doing all the riding but with less effort we have the option of hiring an electric bike (e-bike) on this trip.
Trip departures are unavailable.
There are currently no scheduled departures on our Cycle Vietnam trip. If you are interested in other trips in the region visit one of the links below.
1. Please provide your full name exactly as per passport at the time of booking (including any middle names listed on your passport) for train tickets. Fees may apply for amendments to details within 45 days of departure, and in some cases you will be required to cover the cost of issuing new tickets.
2..A single supplement is available if you’d prefer not to share a room on this trip. The single supplement excludes Day 3 (Homestay) and Day 5 (Overnight Train) where you will be in shared accommodation and is subject to availability. Please speak to your booking agent for further information.
3. Bicycle hire is included in your trip price. Please advise your height at time of booking so as we can organise a suitable sized bike.
4. Bike helmets & closed toed shoes are compulsory on this trip. We are unable to hire bike helmets locally so please ensure you bring your own bike helmet from home.
5. An e-bike option (at additional cost) may be available on this trip. We have limited numbers of these bikes available and they are an 'on request' basis only. A request does not guarantee an e-bike, only a confirmed bookiing. Please ask your agent for more details at the time of booking.
6. Please see your Trip Notes if your departure takes place during Tet, usually in late January/early February. Although we do our best to run trips during Tet as per the scheduled itinerary, it is likely that there will be some changes to transport, accommodation or order of destinations visited.
7. During the group meeting, your trip leader will ask you if you would like to contribute to the snack kitty. This is $30USD per person and would be used to purchase extra supplies of snacks, including nuts and other energy packed goodies. It is not a compulsory kitty, although will make the purchasing of snacks easier and more convenient for you. You can find out more information from your leader upon arrival.
Want an in-depth insight into this trip? Essential Trip Information provides a detailed itinerary, visa info, how to get to your hotel, what's included - pretty much everything you need to know about this adventure and more.View Essential Trip Information