Trek among the towering rock walls and lush valley floors of Northern Pakistan’s Karakoram Range and Nangma Valley. The Baltistan region, sometimes known as Little Tibet, is a mountaineer’s paradise. Spend four days trekking along well-marked and relatively easy trails that cross glacial streams running through vibrant pastures and camp under the stars. You’ll be fully supported by a professional and welcoming crew of porters, guides and camp cooks who will prepare fresh and filling hot meals featuring local Pakistani dishes. Along your roundtrip journey from Islamabad, you’ll also get the chance to meet Balti locals and learn about the history and culture of this region, through dancing, shared meals and expert local knowledge.
Dates and availability
1. A single supplement is available if you’d prefer not to share a room on this trip. Please speak to your booking agent for further information.
2. Arrival and Departure transfers are included in this trip, please provide us with your exact flights details no later than 14 days prior to your departure.
3. Due to the demands of travelling at high altitudes a Passenger Self Assessment Form is required for this trip. You will be trekking on hilly terrain, generally on well-defined paths, walking anywhere between 2–7 hours per day. Altitude may exceed 4500 metres.
4. On this tour we travel from Islamabad to Skardu by plane. In case of unfavourable weather, we may need to swap the flight and drive instead. Please see Special Information box on day 2 for exact contingency plan.
5. Passport scans are required at the time of booking to book domestic flights.
6. All trekking permits and National Parks entrance fees are included in the price of the trip.
7. We use Pakistan Airlines for the included internal flights.