Explore classic Rajasthan on an adventure tour through romantic India
The enchanting northern province of Rajasthan is awash with all the colours of India. On our cycling adventure we see all sides of this fascinating state. Cycling means that everything is slower and up close in India. Interact with the wonderful local population of small towns, drink chai under a roadside tree with friendly locals. From the opulence and splendour of Maharajahs' palaces to Holy Lakes and the beauty of the Taj Mahal this cycling adventure has it all.
Treat yourself with up to 30% off* our trips for a limited time only!Terms & Conditions
Take the road less travelled as you cycle through the rural villages and majestic countryside of Rajasthan
Discover the rich history and architecture of Amber Fort, just outside of Jaipur, with the expertise of a local guide
Search for wildlife in the jungle of Ranthambhore National Park, the best place to see wild tigers in Rajasthan
Relive the legacy of the Rajput warriors by spending a night in a 400-year-old fort, which is now a family-run hotel surrounded by mango orchards
Marvel at the Taj Mahal, one of the most recognisable buildings in the world with the power to surprise even the most jaded traveller
To complete this trip it is important that you are both confident and competent in riding a bicycle.
This trip covers anywhere between 25 to 90 km of cycling each day, so a reasonable level of fitness is required, although you’ll have plenty of rest breaks. A support vehicle will also be with you at all times, so if you get tired you can jump in. This trip is suitable for those seeking an active adventure and is a wonderful way to see the sights of Rajasthan from a different perspective.
While riding the bikes you’ll be exposed to the elements, so please ensure you’re well prepared with waterproof clothing suitable for both warm and cold weather conditions.
We visit a number of temples on this trip, which requires a certain level of modesty. Please bring clothes that cover the arms and shoulders, with pants/skirts that go past the knee. A light-scarf is also ideal for covering shoulders and arms when it’s hot.
Trip departures are unavailable.
There are currently no scheduled departures on our Cycle Rajasthan trip. If you are interested in other trips in the region visit one of the links below.
1. A Single Supplement is available on this trip, please ask your booking agent for more information.
2. Bicycle hire is included in your trip price. Please advise your height at time of booking so as we can organise a suitable sized bike.
3. Bike helmets are compulsory on this trip. We are unable to hire bike helmets locally so please ensure you bring your own bike helmet from home.
4. On this trip we have a single leader that rides with the group, and another that drives the support vehicle (acting as a back marker where needed)
5. Intrepid requires a scanned copy of your passport bio page at time of booking to secure a permit for your Ranthambore National Park visit. Authorities at Ranthambhore NP follow a strict booking process whereby permits are issued on a first come first serve basis. If we do not receive correct passport details in time we cannot guarantee you on the tiger safari.
6. During winter months (Oct-Feb), air pollution levels in parts of India can spike to hazardous levels. Severe pollution can increase the risk of respiratory problems. Those with pre-existing medical conditions, particularly heart and lung conditions, may be especially affected.
Want an in-depth insight into this trip? Essential Trip Information provides a detailed itinerary, visa info, how to get to your hotel, what's included - pretty much everything you need to know about this adventure and more.View Essential Trip Information