If you’re going all the way to Africa, you want to do it right. This 32-day journey through Kenya, Tanzania, South Africa, Botswana, Namibia and Zimbabwe offers a mixture of safari and wildlife spotting, mingling with people in villages and nomadic tribes, canoe cruising down the Okavango Delta, relaxing on white-sand beaches and sipping local beers in Vic Falls. This rugged adventure won’t just turn you into a master camper (though that’s bound to happen too). The landscapes, local stories and animal encounters will leave you changed forever.
Dates and availability
1. A single supplement is available if you’d prefer not to share a room on this trip. The single supplement excludes Days 2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,16,17,18,19,20,21,22,23,24,25,26,27,28,29,30 (Camping) and Days 11,12 (Bungalow) where you will be in shared accommodation and is subject to availability. Please speak to your booking agent for further information.
2. Days 10-15 in Zanzibar and Johannesburg are unescorted.
3. All flights are included in the price of the trip.
4. This trip finishes upon arrival in Johannesburg on Day 31. Please do not book any flights until after 10 pm this evening.
5. An optional sunrise balloon ride in the Masai Mara National Reserve and Serengeti National Park are possible on this itinerary. Please see days 6 & 9 in the itinerary for full details of this activity. As the balloon only holds 16 people, places are limited and we recommend that you book in advance. Please inquire when booking your trip to book this optional activity.
6. On occasion, especially during the peak months of May to September and December we are not able to secure campsites within the Kruger National Park. In this instance we will camp at a backpackers outside the park.
8. Border crossing delays in the region have been sporadic and difficult to predict. What takes an hour one day may take four hours the next. This may affect the order of activities in the itinerary. We understand this uncertainty can be frustrating, and we strongly recommend packing a bit of patience and flexibility.