Brimming with mighty predators and birds, the Serengeti and Ngorongoro Crater are must-visits for any Tanzania trip, but safaris are only the beginning. This unique cycling adventure has you cruising down Great Rift Valley escarpments, strolling through farm villages, roasting and grinding your own coffee, drifting off to sleep among nocturnal creatures, experiencing the culture of the Maasai people, pedalling far off the beaten track to trails where no cars go, and of course sipping sundowners at sunset. With a support vehicle at every step of the journey, take your time to discover Tanzania on two wheels.
Dates and availability
1. A single supplement is available if you’d prefer not to share a room on this trip. The single supplement applies to all nights of your trip and is subject to availability. Please speak to your booking agent for further information.
2. Bicycle hire is included in your trip price. Please advise your height at time of booking so as we can organize a suitable sized bike.
3. Bike helmets are compulsory on this trip. We are unable to hire bike helmets locally so please ensure you bring your own bike helmet from home.
4. On this trip we have a single leader that rides with the group, and another that drives the support vehicle (acting as a back marker where needed). Where the vehicle cannot travel directly with the cyclists (e.g., a cyclists-only path) your leader will assign a person from the group to act as a back marker.
5. To help cut carbon emissions and increase comfort, for group of 4 or less travellers we will use private 4WD jeeps rather than a large overland trucks.
6. For groups of 4 or less we stay in permanent tents rather than participatory camping.
7. Due to heavy rainfalls making the mountain hiking trails far more technical than usual we have suspended climbing Mt Ol Doinyo Lengai. We will assess the situation on a trip-by-trip basis but please be aware you may not be able to climb the mountain.
Filter by rating