Experience two of Africa's most famous natural wonders from ground level on this trip, designed for those with a passion for the outdoors. The imposing peaks of Mt Kilimanjaro inspire awe and rouse a spirit of adventure, while the vast plains of the Serengeti evoke a sense of wonder and deep respect for the animal kingdom. Rise to the challenge and conquer Africa's highest peak on a difficult trek to the summit of Mt Kilimanjaro. Safari through the savanna in search of stealthy predators, then spot other game in the gigantic Ngorongoro Crater. This is a journey that will reward those with an appetite for excitement and an appreciation for nature, so get ready for thrills, challenges and discovery.
Dates and availability
1.This trip is a combination of YKXM,YKNT and YGOT our most popular itineraries. As such the make up of your group and your leader may change on day 8.
2. A single supplement is available if you’d prefer not to share a room on this trip. The single supplement excludes Days 2,3,4,5,6 (Mountain Huts) and Days 10,11,12,13,14 (Camp) where you will be in shared accommodation and is subject to availability. Please speak to your booking agent for further information.
3. The cabins used during your trek are multishare for 4–12 people per cabin.
4. Parts of your trip go above 2800 meters (9200 feet) where it is common for travelers to experience some adverse health effects due to the altitude.
5. A Self-Assessment Form is required for this trip. Your booking agent will provide you with this form at time of booking to fill out before arrival.
6. Please make sure you arrange your flights in order to arrive at the starting hotel before 4 pm on Day 1 in order to attend the very important pre-climb briefing and information session that is usually held before dinner. However in some instances it may be necessary to have the meeting on the morning of Day 2. Please check at reception what time and where this meeting will take place.
7. It's easy to book yourself a transfer from Nairobi to Marangu (or vice versa). Simply ask at your hotel. They will make a booking and collect payment for you (cost is approx. US$80). This public shuttle transfer leaves your Nairobi hotel around 08:00 and connects with a 14:00 shuttle in Arusha. The Arusha shuttle transfers to Moshi, Marangu. The transfer company we work with have agreed to take our passengers through to our Marangu Hotel. Please ask your booking agent for the shuttle company details.
8. There is a flight from Kilimanjaro to Nairobi on Day 8 of this trip. This section of the trip is unescorted.
9. This trip finishes upon arrival in Nairobi on Day 15. Please do not book any flights until after 10.30am this morning.
Filter by rating