Travel to Peru to retrace the steps of the Inca, Peru's fascinating ancient civilisation. Travel from Cusco, through the fertile heartland of the Sacred Valley and to the magnificent Ollantaytambo ruins before the ultimate destination – reaching Machu Picchu. This action-filled express Peruvian tour gets you closer to the secrets of this elusive civilisation on a breathtaking adventure along the Inca Trail.
Dates and availability
1. Full passport details are required at the time of booking in order to purchase Entrance fees to certain sites. Additionally, on certain trips it's needed to book bus, train or flight tickets. Delays to provide this information may result in booking fees or changes to your itinerary. Details provided must be accurate as per your passport bio page. This will be used for applying for your Inca permit and if any info doesn’t match your passport, Inca authority will refuse your entry.
2. Please note this trip starts at 2pm on day 1. If you are unable to find a suitable flight it is possible to book additional nights at the joining accommodation. We recommend that travelers intending to depart Cusco on the final day of the trip book flights out of Cusco no earlier than 12 at noon, to allow for possible delays on the final section of the trail or in the event of needing to take antigen or a PCR test. Intrepid staff will be able to assist in booking any required tests in Cusco.
3.A single supplement is available if you’d prefer not to share a room on this trip. The single supplement applies to all nights of your trip and is subject to availability. Please speak to your booking agent for further information.
4. Inca Trail permits are sold on request basis only. Once deposit is paid and passport details provided, Intrepid will endeavor to secure a permit for you. Due to the reduced capacity of Inca Trail during Covid period, if Inca Trail permits of our chosen route are unavailable by the time you book, you can opt to hike the Inca Quarry Trail instead https://www.intrepidtravel.com/machu-picchu-peru/quarry-trail
The timing of trekking vaires depending on the route and time slot given for entering the Inca Trail. Your group leader will give you the details at the welcome group meeting on Day 1 of your trip.
5. The Inca Trail closes in February to allow cleaning and restoration works. If the trek portion starts in February, you will be automatically booked to hike the Inca Quarry Trail.
6. Should you choose not to hike at all, please inform in writing at the time of booking so alternative arrangements can be made. Without this prior warning, local fees may apply.
7. While hiking the 4-day Inca Trail or the 3-day Inca Quarry trail portion of this trip you may be joined by other Intrepid and/or non-Intrepid travelers.
8. Mask wearing is mandatory in Peru during Covid period as part of the local regulation. Travelers will be required to wear masks in situations where they are unable to physically distance themselves from other group members, whether hiking, in public gathering areas.
9. Parts of your trip go above 2800 m/ 9200 ft where it is common for travelers to experience some adverse health effects due to the altitude - regardless of your age, gender and fitness. Please consult your doctor for professional advice about travelling at high altitude if you have a health condition.
10. As you can choose different ways of reaching Machu Picchu (Inca Trail, Quarry Trail or Train), there is a small chance you may be the only traveller on your selected option.
Filter by rating