The ancient Greeks may have the Olympics but the Mongols have Naadam. Mongolia’s annual circus-like Naadam Festival is a centuries-old tradition that dates back to the era of the great Khans and their dynasties. Wrestling, archery and horse racing — the three skills that Genghis Khan considered essential for any Mongol warrior — are showcased at the country’s largest celebration of the “three manly sports”. Come behind the scenes as we meet the competitors in the lead up to the festival and discover some of Mongolia’s wild outback, visiting ruined monasteries, flaming cliffs and historic cities.
Dates and availability
1. A Single Supplement is available on this trip for hotel nights in Ulaanbaatar only.
2. A sleeping bag is required for the family ger camp stays. You can bring your own, or hire one in Ulaanbaatar for 5 USD per day. Please let your booking agent know if you would like to hire one.
3. Please provide your full passport details to your booking agent no later than 40 day prior to departure. This is required for booking Nadaam festival tickets.
4. Please note that if you are booked on the 2nd departure starting on 29 Jun 2024 (departure code: CBSOS2406292), the order of destinations on the itinerary will be adjusted as below ( the included activities in each destination will remain the unchanged):
1. Ulaanbaatar: Group meeting
2. Ulaanbaatar: Wrestling Camp
3. Ulaanbaartar: Archery Camp
4. Ulaanbaartar: Horse Racing Training Camp
6. Ongiin Khiid
7. Khongoriin Sand Dunes
8. Khongoriin Sand Dunes
9. Vulture Canyon/ Bayanzag Flaming Cliffs
10. Tsagaan Suvarga
11. Baga Gazriin Chuluu
13. Ulaanbaatar - Nadaam Openning Ceremony & Archery events
14. Ulaanbaatar - Wrestling & Horse Racing events
15. Trip finish
For departure CBSOS240629 and CBSOS2406293, the itinerary will be as per the normal itinerary displayed.
Filter by rating