Begin your Japanese adventure in the tech-mecca of Tokyo, then discover scenic beauty on the Hakone ropeway, sip the best sake in Takayama and be reminded of the sobering past of Hiroshima. Visit the floating torii gate of Miyajima and make use of your local leader and guides to reveal layers of culture and history in lesser-known cities. Spend some time in Kyoto and then veer off the main island of Honshu to the naturally beautiful southwest. Wander through art-laden castles, spend a night in a tranquil homestay in Usuki and relax in the steam of Beppu’s onsens. Soak up the peace in the caldera of Mt Aso in a traditional Japanese inn surrounded by rice terraces. Visit the Peace Park in Nagasaki and end it all back in Osaka. This adventure is the ultimate combination of new and ancient, countryside villages and dynamic city streets, traditional inns and onsens, and sweeping views of coastal cities, rice terraces, volcano craters and deep gorges. When visiting Japan, what more could you ask for?
Dates and availability
1. A Single Supplement is currently not available for this trip due to limited rooms at our chosen accommodation.
2. It is essential that you pack light and compact for rail travel in Japan. There are size restrictions for luggage on Shinkansen trains. Luggage from 160cm to 250cm may require an additional JPY1000 oversize luggage fee per train journey. Luggage over 251cm will NOT be permitted on the Shinkansen trains at all. Please notify your tour leader at your Welcome Meeting if your luggage is from 160cm to 250cm so they can make the necessary arrangements.
3. We are currently unable to book pre or post trip accommodation at our start and finish point hotels due to limited room availability. We recommend booking a hotel of your choice through your booking agent.
4. We are not able to book airport shuttle service for Japan now. Japan has an extensive and efficient public transport system and the joining and finishing point instructions are listed in the Essential Trip Information.
5. This is a combination trip, meaning your trip leader and group members will likely change on Day 13.
Filter by rating