Hit the highlights of southern Ontario, from the backcountry to the Bruce
From the shores of Sandbanks Provincial Park to the cliffs of the Bruce Peninsula, this 7-day active adventure across southern Ontario shows off some of the best experiences the province has to offer. You’ll scramble up sand dunes, dip your toes into the crystal-clear waters of Georgian Bay, sip local wines and ciders in Prince Edward County, and sleep under the stars in the backcountry of Algonquin Provincial Park. Be prepared to hike, bike, and paddle your way through spectacular scenery and preserved wilderness, all within easy driving distance of Toronto.
Hike the famous giant sand dunes of Sandbanks Provincial Park, home to one of the best white sand beaches in Ontario.
Indulge with tasting stops at wineries, cideries and microbreweries on a bike ride through the picturesque farmland of Prince Edward County.
Set off in a canoe and navigate the remote wilderness of Algonquin Provincial Park, with an expert leader to guide you through the portages.
Experience the ultimate escape into nature and sleep under the stars, with 2 days and nights of backcountry camping.
Explore the jagged cliffs, ancient forests, rocky beaches and pristine waters of Georgian Bay on the Bruce Peninsula and Niagara Escarpment.
This is an action-packed itinerary, and a moderate level of fitness will help you get the most out of all included activities. You must be confident in the water for canoeing and swimming. All equipment and safety gear is provided. Whilst previous experience in hiking and kayaking or rafting isn’t essential, your ability to cycle is. Sturdy footwear is recommended for the hikes
Equipment hire is included in your trip price, bikes, helmets, and all water sport gear. Bike helmets are compulsory to wear during all rides.
Please advise your height at time of booking so we can organise a suitable sized bike.
During our days camping be prepared to roll up your sleeves and help out with camp activities like food prep and washing up. It’s all about giving your new travel companions a hand, and everyone knows there’s nothing worse than trying to put up a tent on your own!
Just as a heads up before you book: this trip is new to our range this year. And while we have thoroughly researched every detail of the logistics, new destinations can sometimes throw us some unexpected surprises. More often than not, it’ll be a great surprise. But every now and again there might be a hiccup. We like to think that’s what puts the ‘adventure’ in ‘adventure travel’.
Trip departures are unavailable.
There are currently no scheduled departures on our Ontario Hike, Bike & Canoe trip. If you are interested in other trips in the region visit one of the links below.
1. Your adventure begins with a welcome meeting at 9AM on Day 1. Please make your own way to the Joining Point Hotel listed in the Essential Trip Information for this itinerary.
2. You are expected to arrive back in Toronto on the last day around 5pm at the same location as the joining point.There is no accommodation included on the last day in Toronto.
3. If you wish to spend more time in the city we'll be happy to book additional accommodation for you (subject to availability). Speak to an Intrepid booking agent for more information.
4. A single supplement is available if you'd prefer not to share a room on this trip. The single supplement applies to all nights on your trip and is subject to availability (excluding the camping nights) Please speak to your booking agent for further information.
5. You are required to bring a towel, sleeping bag and a pillow on this trip. Sleeping bags can be hired.
6. We will require your height at the time of booking to ensure we reserve you the right size bike.
Want an in-depth insight into this trip? Essential Trip Information provides a detailed itinerary, visa info, how to get to your hotel, what's included - pretty much everything you need to know about this adventure and more.View Essential Trip Information