But with architectural triumphs, scenic mountains, a rich heritage and charming, rural idylls, Poland should feature on every travellers' list.
Save a space on your 2019 trip with only a £50 deposit until 31 August 2018.Terms & Conditions
Our Poland trips score an average of 4.42 out of 5 based on 12 reviews in the last year.
Intrepid is a great way to take an adventure and explore a new part of the world. The guides are knowledgeable and friendly. Pack light and wear comfortable shoes!
Review submitted 12 Aug 2018
This trip was well organized to be able to see many locations in a short period of time. The trip is busy, with long travel days on buses. I would definitely recommend spending an extra day at the end in Tallinn, to be able to relax and explore at the end of the adventure.
Review submitted 12 Aug 2018
While not mandatory, a tip of around 10% is considered polite for good service in Polish restaurants and cafes.
Major cities like Warsaw have many cyber cafes and Wi-Fi hot spots to choose from, while rural areas will generally have less internet connectivity.
Mobile phone coverage is generally very good in Poland. Ensure global roaming is activated before you arrive.
Flushable toilets are the standard in Poland, although public toilets are quite scarce. Expect to pay a small fee when visiting public toilets and carry your own soap and paper as these aren't always provided.
A bottle of beer = 5-10 PLN
Cup of coffee in a cafe = 5-10 PLN
Simple lunch at a cafe = 15-25 PLN
Dinner at a nice restaurant = 50-100 PLN
Tap water is considered safe to drink in Poland unless marked otherwise.
Major credit cards are widely accepted by stores and hotels in Poland. Smaller cafes and shops may not accept credit cards, so ensure you carry enough cash to cover small purchases.
ATMs that accept international cards are common in Poland, so finding one won't be a problem in most towns and cities.
Absolutely. All passengers travelling with Intrepid are required to purchase travel insurance before the start of their trip. Your travel insurance details will be recorded by your leader on the first day of the trip. Due to the varying nature, availability and cost of health care around the world, travel insurance is very much an essential and necessary part of every journey.
For more information on insurance, please go to: Travel Insurance
Please note these dates are for 2017. For a current list of public holidays in Poland go to: http://www.worldtravelguide.net/poland/public-holidays
Intrepid is committed to travelling in a way that is respectful of local people, their culture, local economies and the environment. It's important to remember that what may be acceptable behaviour, dress and language in your own country, may not be appropriate in another. Please keep this in mind while travelling.
1. Be considerate of Poland’s customs, traditions, religion and culture.
2. For environmental reasons, try to avoid buying bottled water. Instead, fill a reusable water bottle or canteen with filtered water.
3. Always dispose of litter thoughtfully, including cigarette butts.
4. Learn some local language and don't be afraid to use it - simple greetings will help break the ice.
5. Shop for locally made products. Supporting local artisans helps keep traditional crafts alive.
6. Refrain from supporting businesses that exploit or abuse endangered animals.
7. Please ask and receive permission before taking photos of people, including children.
8. When on community visits or homestays, refrain from giving gifts or money to locals.