Wind your way through wine country
Is there a better way to enjoy South Australia's renowned wine country than on a bicycle? If there is, we’re yet to find it. Just a short distance from cosmopolitan Adelaide, this is a region well known for its natural beauty, welcoming people and of course delicious red and white wines. This cycling trip takes in the best of it at a pace set to enjoy rather than race. Get started in the very heart of vibrant Adelaide, one of the world's most liveable cities, then transport out to the nearby yet distinct wine regions. From the Barossa Valley – home of Australia's best-known red wine – to the northern Clare Valley (ripe for a drop of Riesling), south to the birthplace of South Australia's wine industry, McLaren Vale, and west to the stunning Glenelg Beach, it’s not just the wine that is diverse. The varied scenery, easy network of cycling paths, and support vehicle make this a trip for every rider.
Go big & see more with up to 25% off* 2023 trips. Grab your spot before it's too late - sale ends 16 February!Terms & Conditions
Make the most of possibly our most relaxed cycling tour – ride just the best bits and be transported for the rest.
Experience the icons of Australian food and wine with visits to the likes of Penfolds, Maggie Beers, Seppeltsfield, and more.
Cycle on mostly traffic-free trails along the Clare Valley’s Riesling Rail Trail, the Barossa Trail, and the Coast to Vines Shiraz Rail Trail in McLaren Vale.
Kick back in cosmopolitan Adelaide, one of the nine Great Wine Capitals of the World.
Discover more than just wine in the stunning and diverse scenery, from beautiful rural landscapes and historic sandstone cityscapes, stunning sandy beaches, to some of the finest local produce Australia has to offer.
Cycle in the company of an experienced guide as they share their unique perspective of this fascinating region.
This itinerary has a full time support vehicle for emergencies and to transport your luggage between accommodations.
Due to the relatively small distances cycled on this trip we have a single leader that rides with the group.
Trip departures are unavailable.
There are currently no scheduled departures on our Cycle South Australia's Wine Regions trip. If you are interested in other trips in the region visit one of the links below.
1. To complete this trip it is important that you are both confident and competent in riding a bicycle.
2. On this trip, we have a single leader that rides with the group.
3. Your luggage is transported for you from accommodation to accommodation each day.
4. Our riding is done mostly on a well-graded and maintained gravel cycle path, so there are no technical cycling skills required. Riding distances may vary depending on the fitness and interests of the group.
5. As accommodation on this trip is twin-share, single travellers will share a room with another traveller of the same gender. This trip is a great opportunity to get to know other like-minded people, so embrace it while you can.
6. A single supplement is available if you’d prefer not to share a room on this trip. The single supplement applies to all nights of your trip and is subject to availability. Please speak to your booking agent for further information.
7. An e-bike option (at additional cost) may be available on this trip. We have limited numbers of these bikes available and they are an 'on request' basis only. A request does not guarantee an e-bike, only a confirmed booking. Please ask your agent for more details at the time of booking. Bike helmets are compulsory on this trip, please ensure you bring your own bike helmet.
8. Note that on public holidays some included activities (including Maggie Beers, Penfolds, etc.) may be closed, and those open may be extremely busy. We will endeavour to source alternative activities during these times.
Want an in-depth insight into this trip? Essential Trip Information provides a detailed itinerary, visa info, how to get to your hotel, what's included - pretty much everything you need to know about this adventure and more.View Essential Trip Information