Pedal to the hot spots along the Dalmatian Coast.
Get pedalling past the stunning coastlines and the hilly outcrops of the Dalmatian Coast on a seven-day cycling adventure. With islands of olive groves and cypress forests to see, sparkling beaches to cool off in and romantic cities to discover, Croatia is the perfect setting for an idyllic island escape, and how better to explore than in the great outdoors on a bicycle. Explore Hvar’s cobbled lanes, Korcula’s small-town feel, Split’s harbour esplanade and Dubrovnik’s walled history along your way. Get active through Croatia without missing out on the stunning beaches, delicious food and old-world charm that this region is so renowned for.
For a limited time only take an additional 20% off select trips* - Offer ends soon!Terms & Conditions
Cycle through the largest island of the Dalmatia region – Brac – with its cypress forests, orange and olive trees, and glowing white pebble beaches, including the acclaimed Zlatni Rat.
With a full day to explore Hvar Island at your own pace, why not check out the Hvar Spanjola fortress, go on a short hike or relax by one of the sparkling bays – it’s up to you!
Relish a delightful picnic and optional wine tasting experience after exerting yourself on a scenic ride through the verdant Peljesac isthmus – a hilly Croatian peninsula jutting into the Adriatic.
Days of pedalling call for nights of relaxing. Treat yourself and your small group to special harbourside dinners, tasting traditional cuisine and famed local wines in Bol, Hvar and Korcula.
Make your way to the renowned walls of Dubrovnik, and if you’ve got time, why not traverse to the top of Srd Hil and appreciate the view of Old Dubrovnik, its harbour and the azure Adriatic Sea.
To complete this trip, it is important that you are both confident and competent in riding a bicycle.
On this trip we have a single leader that rides with the group, and another that drives the support vehicle (acting as a ‘back marker’ where needed). Where the vehicle cannot travel directly with the cyclists (such as a cyclists-only path) your leader will assign a person from the group to act as a ‘back marker’.
While the cycling distances on this trip are relatively short (the longest ride is only 50 kilometres) the terrain of the Dalmatian Coast is naturally hilly and the climate often warm. You’ll need a reasonable level of fitness to enjoy the trip, but remember we will always have the support vehicle on hand if you need to take a break for an hour or a day.
As our riding is done mostly on sealed roads with the occasional gravel cycle path there are no technical cycling skills required. Given there will be hills, we do suggest practicing riding downhill so you are comfortable with this once the trips begins.
There’s the possibility of a few hiccups along the way – a puncture here and there – but there’s no doubt this is an incredibly rewarding adventure.
As there are cobblestones and many stairs in most European towns, and space in our support van is limited, it's strongly recommended that you leave any wheelie bags/cases at home and bring a backpack instead.
You'll be spending your nights in hotels at each step on this tour, ranging from comfortable to basic levels, but always authentic and a great opportunity to interact with the locals and fellow travellers alike. Hotels in Europe often don't have double beds, but rather two single beds that can be pushed together.
The weather in this region can vary depending on the season. Be prepared to get sweaty and for the occasional rainstorm, which may require a change of plans.
Trip departures are unavailable.
There are currently no scheduled departures on our Cycle Croatia trip. If you are interested in other trips in the region visit one of the links below.
1. A single supplement is available if you’d prefer not to share a room on this trip. The single supplement excludes Day 1 (Split) where you will be in shared accommodation and is subject to availability. Please speak to your booking agent for further information.
2. Bicycle hire is included in your trip price. Please advise your height at time of booking so as we can organize a suitable sized bike.
3. Bike helmets are compulsory on this trip. We are unable to hire bike helmets locally so please ensure you bring your own bike helmet from home.
4. On this trip we have a single leader that rides with the group, and another that drives the support vehicle (acting as a back marker where needed). Where the vehicle cannot travel directly with the cyclists (e.g. a cyclists-only path) your leader will assign a person from the group to act as a back marker.
5. An e-bike option (at additional cost) may be available on this trip. We have limited numbers of these bikes available and they are an 'on request' basis only. A request does not guarantee an e-bike, only a confirmed booking. Please ask your agent for more details at the time of booking.
6. In response to consistent client feedback, in 2022 to avoid a very early morning's transfer we will spend the night of day 2 in Supetar rather than in Bol.
Want an in-depth insight into this trip? Essential Trip Information provides a detailed itinerary, visa info, how to get to your hotel, what's included - pretty much everything you need to know about this adventure and more.View Essential Trip Information