Dive into the culture, cuisine and history of beautiful Mexico
In 15 days, this Premium adventure weaves together Mexico’s best, from award-winning restaurants and hidden street food stalls to paradisiacal coastlines and incredible ancient ruins. Journey through Mexico City, Puebla and Oaxaca and join expert guides to uncover the ancient secrets of Teotihuacan, Cholula, and the Mitla ruins. Venture from the bountiful coastline of Puerto Morelos to the colourful city of Valladolid, the colonial town of Merida and the white sand beaches of Tulum, and explore Chichen Itza, Muyil and the Tulum archaeological site. Dive deeper and discover a land of longstanding traditions and local people that will ensure Mexico always holds a place in your heart.
Our best accommodation and highest level of service.
Unusual, exceptional and authentic on-trip experiences.
Led by our most experienced and highest rated local leaders.
Get to know Mexico City on a tour with your leader, visit the spectacular ruins of Teotihuacan, Cholula, Mitla, Chichen Itza, and Muyil, and explore the Tulum archaeological site during an exclusive after hours visit.
Enjoy the old-world charm of your Feature Stays in Oaxaca and Merida – magnificent 19th and 17th century mansions turned boutique hotels with elegant decor and traditional touches.
Understand the diversity of Mexican food during Exclusive Experiences, including a Maya Pibil meal in a local home, tortilla making demonstration with the Laguna Chabela community and dinner at an award-winning restaurant in Oaxaca.
Discover traditional craft industries with enlightening Exclusive Experiences. Learn about Zapotec woven fabrics, textile making, mezcal distilling and beeswax candle-making, and visit a family-run obsidian workshop.
Meet with a local conservationist for an Exclusive Experience at the Celestun Bird Sanctuary and Biosphere Reserve. Learn about conservation efforts while looking out for colourful flora and fauna.
Some included activities, such as guided tours of archaeological sites can involve a lot of walking. Please ensure you bring sturdy walking shoes and comfortable clothes. To make the most of the trip, it's best if you have at least a moderate level of fitness.
The tropical climate of Central America means conditions can be hot and humid. Always carry plenty of water with you and stay hydrated, especially on walking tours.
Trip departures are unavailable.
There are currently no scheduled departures on our Premium Mexico in Depth trip. If you are interested in other trips in the region visit one of the links below.
1. A complimentary airport arrival transfer is included; valid if you are arriving on Day 1 or if you have booked pre-tour accommodation through us. You must provide your flight details to your booking agent at least 14 days prior to travel.
2. A single supplement is available if you’d prefer not to share a room on this trip. The single supplement applies to all nights of your trip and is subject to availability. Please speak to your booking agent for further information.
3. It is recommended that you keep your main luggage weight around 15kg and certainly no more than 20kg. A small or medium-sized backpack (45-50 litres) is another good option.
4. The departure on 15Jul2023 will stay at the Parador San Miguel as a Feature Stay in Oaxaca, rather than Casa Sierra Azul in Oaxaca.
5. Travel is always an adventure and, as destinations reopen, there are a few challenges as everyone gets back up to speed and adjusts to the new normal. Our leaders are experts when it comes to dealing with anything unexpected along the journey, so pack your understanding and flexibility, sit back and relax while they take care of the rest.
Want an in-depth insight into this trip? Essential Trip Information provides a detailed itinerary, visa info, how to get to your hotel, what's included - pretty much everything you need to know about this adventure and more.View Essential Trip Information