Uncover the delicious diversity of Mexico’s culture and cuisine
When it comes to vibrant culture and varied cuisine, there’s nowhere quite like Mexico. Get a taste of the country’s best on an eight-day Premium adventure through Mexico City, Puebla and Oaxaca. Join expert guides to uncover the ancient secrets of Teotihuacan, Cholula, and the Mitla ruins. Take your taste buds on a trip, from the beckoning street food stalls of the capital to a home cooked Zapotecan lunch and a creative dining experience in Oaxaca. Your local leader will show you the heart of a country that is sure to leave you captivated.
Our best accommodation and highest level of service.
Unusual, exceptional and authentic on-trip experiences.
Led by our most experienced and highest rated local leaders.
Mexican food doesn’t get much better than this – sample a tempting array of local dishes during your welcome dinner, and dine at an award-winning restaurant in Oaxaca. This Exclusive Experience is sure to hit the spot.
Converted from a 19th-century colonial mansion, your Feature Stay in Oaxaca offers a perfect blend of traditional charm and modern amenities, just a stone’s throw away from the city’s main sights.
Learn of the ancient Zapotec and Aztec histories with visits to the ruins of Teotihuacan and Mitla and the Cholula archaeological site, joined by specialist guides to further enhance your visit.
Discover traditional craft industries with enlightening Exclusive Experiences. Learn about Zapotec woven fabrics, textile making, mezcal distilling and beeswax candle-making, and visit a family-run obsidian workshop.
Explore the Mexico City of past and present on a city tour with your leader, from the buzzing Zocalo Plaza to the Gothic National Cathedral and the sprawling National Palace.
Some included activities, such as guided tours of archaeological sites can involve a lot of walking. Please ensure you bring sturdy walking shoes and comfortable clothes. To make the most of the trip, it's best if you have at least a moderate level of fitness.
The tropical climate of Central America means conditions can be hot and humid. Always carry plenty of water with you and stay hydrated, especially on walking tours.
Trip departures are unavailable.
There are currently no scheduled departures on our Premium Mexico City to Oaxaca trip. If you are interested in other trips in the region visit one of the links below.
1. A complimentary airport arrival transfer is included; valid if you are arriving on Day 1 or if you have booked pre-tour accommodation through us. You must provide your flight details to your booking agent at least 14 days prior to travel.
2. A single supplement is available if you’d prefer not to share a room on this trip. The single supplement applies to all nights of your trip and is subject to availability. Please speak to your booking agent for further information.
3. It is recommended that you keep your main luggage weight around 15kg and certainly no more than 20kg. A small or medium-sized backpack (45-50 litres) is another good option.
4. The departure on 15Jul2023 will stay at the Parador San Miguel as a Feature Stay in Oaxaca, rather than Casa Sierra Azul.
5. Travel is always an adventure and, as destinations reopen, there are a few challenges as everyone gets back up to speed and adjusts to the new normal. Our leaders are experts when it comes to dealing with anything unexpected along the journey, so pack your understanding and flexibility, sit back and relax while they take care of the rest.
Want an in-depth insight into this trip? Essential Trip Information provides a detailed itinerary, visa info, how to get to your hotel, what's included - pretty much everything you need to know about this adventure and more.View Essential Trip Information