Start in Sydney, finish in Cairns and leave no stone unturned on this 19-day adventure along Australia’s diverse east coast. You’ll tour all the postcard-perfect spots – snorkel at the Great Barrier Reef and the corals of the Whitsundays, go on a 4WD drive adventure in K’gari (formerly Fraser Island) and immerse yourself in the ancient wonder of Daintree Rainforest. With stops at wineries in the Hunter Valley, the beachside vibes of Byron Bay, Mission Beach, Hervey Bay and more – this is a true-blue intro to everything Australia.
Dates and availability
1. The trip starts in Sydney with a Welcome Meeting at 9am on Day 1 at our joining point hotel.
2. The trip finishes on arrival in Cairns on Day 8 at our finish point hotel around 5pm. Accommodation is not included on this day but can be booked on request.
3. A Single Supplement can be booked if you’d prefer not to share a room on this trip, subject to availability.
4. The overnight train is in RailBed class and is not accompanied by a tour leader. Should the train not operate due to track works or other factors outside of our control, it will be replaced with alternative transportation and an additional night stay in a destination enroute.
5. Luggage weight (max 20kg for main luggage, 7kg for hand luggage) and size (23cm x 34cm x 48cm) limits apply for our overnight train journey.
6. This is a combination trip made up of three shorter trips. This means the composition of your group may change in Brisbane and Cairns as some group members leave and new ones join you in these locations.