Cycle through striking desert landscapes in two iconic Nevada and California parks.
Combine cycling with dramatic deserts, memorable hikes and the excitement of Las Vegas as you take in the highlights of Death Valley and the Valley of Fire. Cycle to Hoover Dam, ride winding roads through Nevada’s biggest state park, discover red rock canyons, sandstone cliffs and ancient petrified trees, or take in heavenly vistas of the Badlands from Dante’s View lookout. With great weather and scenery, the cycling in these National Parks is second to none. Off the bike you’ll find some of the country’s best hiking as well as small towns and friendly locals – this cycling adventure takes in the best of it all at a pace everyone can enjoy.
Lose yourself among the bright lights of Las Vegas and the Strip, and remember, what happens in Vegas...
Take in spectacular views of the Colorado River as you cycle along the Historic Hoover Dam Railroad Trail which includes five short but huge tunnels.
Ride to Death Valley’s largest and most famous sand dunes which were the inspiration for the dunes of planet Tatooine in the original Star Wars movie.
Cycle through dramatic desert scenery in Nevada’s oldest and biggest state park, the ominously named Valley of Fire.
Jump on your bike and discover an amazing view over the vast, stark expanse of Death Valley, America’s largest national park outside Alaska.
This trip is new to our range this year. And while we have thoroughly researched every detail of the logistics, new destinations and working with new partners can sometimes throw us some unexpected surprises. More often than not, it’ll be a great surprise. But every now and again there might be a hiccup. We like to think that’s what puts the ‘adventure’ in ‘adventure travel’.
Please ensure you consult your local government’s advice regarding travel prior to booking this trip.
To complete this trip it is important that you are both confident and competent in riding a bicycle. While the cycling distances on this trip are relatively short, the terrain can sometimes be hilly so you’ll need a reasonable level of fitness to enjoy the trip – but remember, we will always have the support vehicle on hand if you need to take a break for an hour or a day.
This trip deliberately involves a fair amount of driving – this is designed that you only cycle the very best places and none of the 'transit' legs in-between.
For groups of less than six travellers we have a single leader that drives the support vehicle alongside the group. For larger groups we have a separate driver and the leader will cycle all routes.
Where the vehicle cannot travel directly with the cyclists (e.g. a cyclists-only path) your leader will assign a person from the group to act as a backmarker.
As our riding is done mostly on sealed roads with the occasional gravel cycle path there are no technical cycling skills required – but given the hills involved, we do suggest practicing riding downhill so you are comfortable with this once the trip begins.
If you feel like doing all the riding but with less effort, you have the option of hiring an electric bike (e-bike) on this trip.
Trip departures are unavailable.
There are currently no scheduled departures on our Cycle Nevada: Death Valley & Valley of Fire trip. If you are interested in other trips in the region visit one of the links below.
1. Due to accommodations restrictions in Death Valley this trip requires a minimum of 4 clients to operate.
2. This trip begins at midday 12pm on Day 1.
3. This trip finishes around 3pm on Day 6.
4. A Single Supplement may be available on this trip, please ask your booking agent for more information.
5. Bicycle hire is included in your trip price. Please advise your height at time of booking so we can organise a suitable sized bike.
6. The included bikes on this trip are a flat bar 'hybrid-style'. You have the option (at extra cost) of hiring an electric bike (e-bike) - this must be requested at the time of booking.
7. Bike helmets are compulsory on this trip. We are unable to hire bike helmets locally so please ensure you bring your own bike helmet from home.
8. For group less than 6 clients we have a single leader that drives the support vehicle alongside the group. For larger groups, we have a driver plus a leader that rides with the group.
9. Accommodation is not included on day 6 of this trip. If you require additional accommodation (or want to reserve your room for the main part of the day) please contact the hotel directly.
10. Due to Covid-19 restrictions some of the local attractions may be temporarily closed, running reduced hours, or require booking ahead. Please check their websites for up-to-date opening hours.
Want an in-depth insight into this trip? Essential Trip Information provides a detailed itinerary, visa info, how to get to your hotel, what's included - pretty much everything you need to know about this adventure and more.View Essential Trip Information