Cycle your way through the spectacular scenery of Slovenia
It’s beautiful, it’s bite-sized, and it’s best explored on a bike. Spend 8 unforgettable days discovering Slovenia on two wheels, travelling from lively Ljubljana to picturesque Piran. Cycle around the famous Lake Bled, wind through the showstopping Triglav National Park, take in alpine views from the slopes of Kranjska Gora, follow the emerald-green waters of the Soca River and explore the biodiverse Postojna Cave. When you’re not busy pedalling, you’ll enjoy picnics, barbecues, coffee stops and winery visits, and experience Slovenia’s short but stunning Adriatic coastline. One thing’s for sure – this is going to be a ride to remember.
Don't wait - plan your next people and planet-friendly adventure with just € 99* this March. Offer ends March 31.Terms & Conditions
Your adventure begins in Slovenia’s capital, Ljubljana, one of the prettiest cities in Europe, and finishes in Piran, a picturesque seaside city on Slovenia’s stunning Adriatic coast.
Pedal through the beautiful landscapes of the Triglav National Park, passing mountains, ravines, lakes, canyons, caves, rivers, forests and Alpine meadows.
Stay in the stunning lakeside town of Bled. Discover the famous Lake Bled and the surrounding mountains, forests and flower-filled valleys on your bike.
Explore the fascinating Postojna Cave, an incredibly biodiverse underground world of eerie rock formations and unusual creatures.
Cycle through the scenic hills and vineyards of Slovenia’s wine region, pausing the pedalling for an included tasting at a local winery.
This trip is new to our range this year. Despite rigorous planning and research, new itineraries can sometimes throw us some unexpected surprises. More often than not, it’ll be a welcome surprise, but every now and again there might be a hiccup. We like to think that is what puts the ‘adventure’ in ‘adventure travel’.
On this trip we have a single leader that rides with the group, and another that drives the support vehicle (acting as a back marker where needed). Where the vehicle cannot travel directly with the cyclists (e.g. a cyclists-only path) your leader will assign a person from the group to act as a back marker.
To complete this trip it is important that you are both confident and competent in riding a bicycle. As our riding is done mostly on sealed roads with the occasional gravel cycle path there are no technical cycling skills required. Remember we will always have the support vehicle on hand if you need to take a break for an hour or a day.
You'll be spending your nights in hotels at each step on this tour, ranging from comfortable to basic levels, but always authentic and a great opportunity to interact with the locals and fellow travellers alike.
Trip departures are unavailable.
There are currently no scheduled departures on our Cycle Slovenia trip. If you are interested in other trips in the region visit one of the links below.
1. A single supplement is available if you’d prefer not to share a room on this trip. Please speak to your booking agent for further information.
2. Bicycle hire is included in your trip price. Please advise your height at time of booking so as we can organize a suitable sized bike.
3. Bike helmets are compulsory on this trip. We are unable to hire bike helmets locally so please ensure you bring your own bike helmet from home.
4. On this trip we have a single leader that rides with the group, and another that drives the support vehicle (acting as a back marker where needed). Where the vehicle cannot travel directly with the cyclists (e.g. a cyclists-only path) your leader will assign a person from the group to act as a back marker.
5. An e-bike option (at additional cost) may be available on this trip. We have limited numbers of these bikes available and they are an 'on request' basis only. A request does not guarantee an e-bike, only a confirmed booking. Please ask your agent for more details at the time of booking.
6. This itinerary is designed to minimise the amount of climbing needed and to avoid dangerous sections of road, and does use the support vehicle mid-ride where needed .
Want an in-depth insight into this trip? Essential Trip Information provides a detailed itinerary, visa info, how to get to your hotel, what's included - pretty much everything you need to know about this adventure and more.View Essential Trip Information