Get Peru-sing through this South American hotspot on a 21-day in-depth adventure. Setting off from its cultural capital in Lima, pass by Paracas, Nazca and Arequipa on your way to Cusco. Watch condors ruling the skies of Colca Canyon, follow the ancient trade route of the Inca on the legendary Inca Trail – finishing up at the breathtaking Machu Picchu – and get a feel for local life on a visit to Lake Titicaca's floating islands. You’ll have a knowledgeable local leader alongside to point you in the right direction, plus plenty of freedom to tailor your own adventure, so what’s stopping you from getting a feel for Peru?
Dates and availability
1. Nationals from the United States need a visa to enter Bolivia and you we highly recommend you obtain this visa in advance from your nearest Bolivian consulate or Embassy. Not obtaining the visa in advance is likely to cause long delays at the border. Please see the visa information on these Essential Trip information (ETI) for more information.
2. A single supplement is available if you’d prefer not to share a room on this trip. The single supplement excludes Day 18 (Homestay) where you will be in shared accommodation and is subject to availability. Please speak to your booking agent for further information.
3. Please provide your full name exactly as per passport at the time of booking (including any middle names listed on your passport) for bus, train or flight tickets. Fees may apply for amendments to details within 45 days of departure, and in some cases you will be required to cover the cost of issuing new tickets.
4. Inca Trail permits are sold on request basis only. Once deposit is paid and passport details provided, Intrepid will endeavor to secure a permit for you.
If Inca Trail permits are unavailable by the time you book, you can opt to hike the Inca Quarry Trail instead: https://www.intrepidtravel.com/machu-picchu-peru/quarry-trail
The Inca Trail closes in February to allow cleaning and restoration works. If the trek portion of your trip starts in February you will be automatically booked to hike the Inca Quarry Trail.
Should you choose not to hike at all, please let us know in writing at the time of booking so alternative arrangements can be made. Without this prior warning, local fees may apply.
5. While hiking the 4 Day Inca Trail or the 3 Day Inca Quarry trail portion of this trip you may be joined by other Intrepid and/or non-Intrepid travelers.
6.Please be aware that while hiking the Inca trek or the Quarry trek that you may be joined by passengers from other Intrepid & Geckos groups.
7. Our only alternative is to make passengers explore the upper part of Machu Picchu (Sun gate and Inka Bridge) before their guided tour starts (so about 2 hours before meeting the guide). Your Tour Leader will provide more information on what the group options are at the Welcome meeting.
8. As you can choose different ways of reaching Machu Picchu (Inca Trail, Quarry Trail or Train), there is a small chance you may be the only traveller on your selected option.
9. Fees may apply if you choose to change from the Inca Trail to the Train or Quarry Trail after your booking has been made.
Filter by rating