Visit Peru and discover its highlights from Lima to Cusco on an exciting journey that encompasses modern cities and ancient worlds. From the depths of the Amazon to the heights of the Andes and on to the unique islands of Lake Titicaca, be immersed in fascinating Peruvian culture while discovering its history buried deep within the walls of lost cities. Take the chance to hike the iconic Inca Trail and witness the glorious Machu Picchu, delve into the heart of preserved island traditions during a homestay with the Uru people, observe Andean condors take the sky at sunrise over the Colca Canyon and acclimatise to the altitude with a classic pisco sour cocktail in the city of it’s creation.
Dates and availability
1. Please provide your full name exactly as per passport at the time of booking (including any middle names listed on your passport) for Entrance Fees, bus train or flight tickets. Delays to provide this information may result in booking fees or changes to your itinerary. This will be used for applying for your Inca permit and if any info doesn’t match your passport, Inca authority will refuse your entry.
2. This trip starts at 4pm on day 1. If you are unable to find a suitable flight it is possible to book additional nights at the joining accommodation. We recommend that travelers intending to depart Lima on the final day of the trip book flights out of Lima no earlier than 12 at noon, to allow for possible delays on returning to Lima or in the event of needing to take antigen or a PCR test. Intrepid staff will be able to assist in booking any required tests.
3. A single supplement is available if you’d prefer not to share a room on this trip. The single supplement exclude Day 4 (Overnight Bus), Day 8 (Homestay), Days 12,13,14 (Camping) and Days 17,18 (Jungle Lodge) where you will be in shared accommodation and is subject to availability. Please speak to your booking agent for further information.
4. Inca Trail permits are sold on request basis only. Once deposit is paid and passport details provided, Intrepid will endeavor to secure a permit for you. Due to the reduced capacity of Inca Trail during Covid period, if Inca Trail permits of our chosen route are unavailable by the time you book, you can opt to hike the Inca Quarry Trail instead https://www.intrepidtravel.com/machu-picchu-peru/quarry-trail
The timing of trekking varies depending on the route and time slot given for entering the Inca Trail. Group leader will give you the details at the welcome group meeting on Day 1 of the trip.
5. The Inca Trail closes in February to allow cleaning and restoration works. If the trek portion starts in February, you will be automatically booked to hike the Inca Quarry Trail.
6. Should you choose not to hike at all, please inform in writing at the time of booking so alternative arrangements can be made. Without prior warning, local fees may apply.
7. While hiking the 4-day Inca Trail or the 3-day Inca Quarry trail portion, you may be joined by other Intrepid and/or non-Intrepid travelers.
8. Mask wearing is mandatory in Peru during Covid period as part of the local regulation. Travelers will be required to wear masks in situations where they are unable to physically distance themselves from other group members, whether hiking, in public gathering areas.
9. Parts of your trip go above 2800 m/9200 ft where it is common for travelers to experience some adverse health effects due to the altitude - regardless of your age, gender and fitness. Please consult your doctor for professional advice.
10. Most hotels in highlands should have oxygen cylinders available, however, you may be asked to pay surcharge for use of oxygen longer than 5 -10 min at the time.
11. As you can choose different ways of reaching Machu Picchu (Inca Trail, Quarry Trail or Train), there is a small chance you may be the only traveller on your selected option.
Filter by rating